ENGL 4x12 vs; Line6 4x12vs

HeaveyMeatal

New Metal Member
May 14, 2009
What is the difference between the ENGL 4x12VS and a Line6 4x12VS?
i know they both have Celestions V30s but what are some physical characteristics. how could one tell the difference w/o the "ENGL" logo and Back Plate? (besides the metal grille)
i am trying to purchase an ENGL but i am worried about someone pulling a fast one! :puke:
i hope this paranoia is unfounded.
thanks for any help anyone can offer!

The acoustics are much better with the Engl and due to the higher quality wood an insulation, it projects sound much better. It's also much sturdier. Go with the Engl if you want something that will last longer and sound much better.

whoa, thank you.
I ended up going for the ENGL but, i guess what i was asking was:
is there a way someone could pull a "grille swap" and pass off a Line 6 for an ENGL?

I suppose but it could end up being a bit costly and end up costing an extra $50-$100 bucks.

If you want to have a custom cab, you could always get an empty Splawn Cabinet for $475 (lots of cool colors and grills) and then load it up with whatever speakers you wanted. That's what I'm in the process of doing. Here's the link...

http://www.splawnguitars.com/cabs.htm

You should also put a lot of thought into whether or not you want V30's. Personally, I didn't so I went with a combo of different Eminence speakers.

DANG!
i should of checked out splawn!
white boa tolex to match my 90s Soldano!
thanks for the advice!

If can afford an ENGL cab, the Line 6 cab isn't even in the equation. It's simply better in every way imaginable.

The ENGL cabs with V60s sound simply amazing with my 6505. The Mesa Rectifier/Marshall 1960s don't even come close.