Ensifailum

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
the fact that a 'serious' band can look that cheap/geek/fail/ eludes me

ensiferum.jpg

It was a serious transgression to metal music to have Hypocrisy support these cheap live DnD geeks.

now that I think of it, its almost a good thing that Hypo cancelled their NA tour.

edited : Used some harsh words that were unnecessary

+ their music is not even good IMO

Nothing wrong with geek/gay/fag/not taking yourself too seriously (as opposite to serious).
I bet you are geek/gay/fag/serious(also often means boring) so theres nothing wrong with you either. Dont feel bad and try to cover your insecurities. =)

heheh
obviously the trap I put to get the fanboys to get out of their holes worked

no really Ive been a lil harsh in my post, sorry for this but MAN.

at least if they wanna give themselves a medieval ''DnD' look, they should try harder, I mean look at the swords, they look SO cheap...

Having Hypocrisy support that....yuck...

at least if their music was awesome...but its not, its so,...flat

dunno

Actually 'Iron' and 'Tale of Revenge' are two of my favourite songs, but these're from the time that wintersun dude jari was writing all their stuff before he quit.

edit: ^ skanmar was little faster than me.

first post edited btw.

I heard 3-4 songs from em once, and never thought about listening to it again, so it means it didnt leave any impression on me.

Maybe I should try older stuff, but after seeing some pics...for christs sake....

I cant help but feel a bit insulted that my fave band ever was supporting...this???

Man the D20 wasnt on our side about this case :p

heheh
obviously the trap I put to get the fanboys to get out of their holes worked

no really Ive been a lil harsh in my post, sorry for this but MAN.

at least if they wanna give themselves a medieval ''DnD' look, they should try harder, I mean look at the swords, they look SO cheap...

Having Hypocrisy support that....yuck...

at least if their music was awesome...but its not, its so,...flat

dunno
Hmhh actually im not Ensiferum fan at all... and im actually hypocrisy fan.
The only thing i dont get is people in metal scene who sound like they are conservative christians who cannot tolerate gay ppl etc.
For me metal signifies open-mindess in every way. I do understand that bashing gays (and geeks?) is pretty common thing everywhere and its hard to avoid. Sorry for going wayy offtopic. And wintersun is great you all should check it out if you havent... theres no fooling around with plastic swords. :err:

dude let me clarify something for you

Most of us will use the word GAY in order to diss something....but it has nothing to do with homosexuality. its just a word used to replace the expression ''really lame''

the word itself has more impact.

Geek...Im geek myself, but there are times in life to show geekness, and some other times...not

For instance, if my boss requests me in his office, I wont tell him ''Beam me up Scotty'' ;)

I checked the net and the Ensiferum forums, and they are SERIOUS in their stuff, if it would be a parody of medieval metal, it would be really funny, but I have seen no evidence that would make me believe that they arent serious in their stuff. They can go along with this if they wanna but I have the right to find that lame. I edited my post because I admit I went to far with my choice of words.

and think about this ; maybe its the people who get offended by the word GAY all the time that have issues with insecurity.

;)

and think about this ; maybe its the people who get offended by the word GAY all the time that have issues with insecurity.

;)
Im not gay (believe or not :Smug:) so i cant see how it would tell anything about my insecuirties. About Ensiferum headlining, it often tends to go with music that innovative, talented and skilled songwriters rarely are the most succesful. I really dont see point in the whole topic because its hard to view the situation objectively here on hypocrisy forums cos the users who check these forums have already picked their side and i cant figure what kind of satisfaction could we get from this topic. :err:

Edit: Oh and i didnt get offended i just thought that your post was immature and i pointed it out.

I also edited my first post.
I never said you were gay, but I just explained to you the way the term gay was used nowadays, that its usage wasnt related to the first meaning of the word whatsoever SO it clearly doesnt show any insecurity from the person who uses it, so that statement : Dont feel bad and try to cover your insecurities is irrelevant.

innovative, talented and skilled songwriters

I have yet to really hear these from Ensiferum.
Im not saying they have NONE of it, but really, obviously I dont agree with them being more innovative, skilled and talented than hypocrisy, not at ALL

But thats all a matter of taste here, subjective stuff

The icing on the cake though, is that their medieval look is....horrible

edit : Im not offended neither man,. lets keep it civilized and sorry again for my not so classy first post

No way ensiferum should have been headlining. It is almost for the better, so this way we will get a full 1.5 -2 hours from hypo on the next tour. There must have been some stupid business decision that caused that whole lineup. I bet since Hypo isnt there now the show attendance will suck everywhere.

this band is shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::kickass::kickass::kickass: :Shedevil::Shedevil::Shedevil: :devil::devil::devil:

hahahahaha

I saw Ensiferum at Wacken08, and from what I recall it was pretty entertaining. Wouldn't mind seeing them again. But Hypocrisy supporting them? That's just... insulting. :p

Kinda reminds me of the last time I saw COB, with Cannibal Corpse as support. Fucked up.

yes I know what you are talking about hun.

But tbh, Cannibal Corpse live arent that good, completely static, always the same lame speeches inbetween tunes, and Paul (the drummer) has been a fucking trainwreck both times I saw em live, it was almost laughable.

dude. your only cool on the internet. no one cares about your stupid little rants about how uncool they are cuz they dont take metal SO seriously. calm down, its about the music, and theyre really talented even if you dont like their style

dude. your only cool on the internet.
false

its about the music

true, and I personnally dont think they are really good at doing music

no one cares about your stupid little rants

there is certainely a feeling of reciprocity here

calm down
In calmer now that I know that Hypocrisy wont support em in a tour

live long and prosper :)

ps : I still think they look lame. If they want to look medial they could try harder...I mean...look at these swords :)