Enter By The Twelfth Gate. Your favorite track?

Favorite?

• The White Room

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Edge Of Insanity

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Piano Concerto

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Enter By The 12th Gate

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Falling From The Sky

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Welcome To My Daydream

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Live for the day

• Scriabin Etude

• Moracan Lullaby

• Departing for Eternity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cross the Bridge

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
turke said:
This solo keyboard album is much better than the ones made by Derek Sherinian or Jordan Rudess. I don't like their stuff, it comes to me like all wacko effects and strange sounds mayhem. But Pinnella is just playing it. That is all. And it is very melodic. Classical influenced. I don't care how virtuoso is Jordan Rudess or how crazy is Derek, i love what Mike Pinnella did, and that's enough for me.

I think Sherenian is a little over-valued, as well as Pinnella is under-valued. I also didn't like his playing style in his solo stuff.
Yet, i like Jordan Rudess a lot :)

It's against the laws of Nature to not like Jordan Rudess. First of all, he's like GOD at keyboard. Second, he's bald! Bald people ROCK!
That's why I think Jordan Rudess, Joe Satriani and Tim Alexander should start a band called the Bald man group. :p Except Skin-heads. They suck. I should just stop talking now.

Speaking of Special Editions, does anyone out there have the S.E. Odyysey with Frontiers? Does that song even exist at all?!?! I've seen and heard nothing of it except seen it on the track listing on the website.

Edge of Insanity,
because of it's fantastic melodies and emotional solo parts!

But, If I had the choice i'd go for the whole Piano concert (all three movements)

EDIT: Dang! I just saw you could actually vote for the whole piano concerto... Should've looked closer :/

turke said:
This solo keyboard album is much better than the ones made by Derek Sherinian or Jordan Rudess. I don't like their stuff, it comes to me like all wacko effects and strange sounds mayhem. But Pinnella is just playing it. That is all. And it is very melodic. Classical influenced. I don't care how virtuoso is Jordan Rudess or how crazy is Derek, i love what Mike Pinnella did, and that's enough for me.

Well said :headbang:

pinella.JPG

Scriabin Etude. Just the technical aspects of it. But White Room is also a great song. They're all great. Wonderful album. However, I still think JR is the best DT keyboardist, and probably the best modern rock keyboardists that i've heard to date. However, most jazz players shit all over both Pinella and JR.