ENTER SOUNDMAN Lyrics... woo hoo etc

This is annoying, dude..but nevertheless a nice honour. Have you noticed the mention in the German Rock Hard online magazine?

We are ( I quote): "The coolest sows in the music business" :lol:

Hey chaps, I guess it can be done...

11614bump.jpg

Quoting from the other thread:

Not really, it was good practice, atleast for me (listening and programming the drums to midi). I didn't automate the velocities in any way because samplers interpret varying velocities differently. But the good thing is that if/when it sometimes in the future sees daylight, atleast it's half finished. It's only missing vocals, bass (and the quiet solo at the end?) recording wise.
what tuning did you guys record this to? E standard? E flat? Cause I think maybe I could record some bass DI's for this... if you guys are still interested, that is.

Right guys - it's back on!

I'd previously recorded all rhythm guitars (triple tracked each side; i.e. 6), and AHJteam had programmed some drums for this one which has been very useful. One of the main hold ups was due to there being no vocalist. However I recently got an SM7B and can do a pretty decent Hetfield voice. Spent 4 hours last night doing most of the vocals (inc 6 part backing vocals in a couple of sections... it's amazing how layered the Sandman vocals are at some points!). Will finish it this week.

We still need the bass, so if anyone is very good at bass and loves metallica and has appropriate recording facilities feel free to ask and we'll sort it out. No n00bs please. (rex, it's in E but you'll need to wait for my backing track as original sandman wasn't done to a click)

Felix, you can either do the other half of the solo, or see if anyone else wants to do it.

Right guys - it's back on!

Felix, you can either do the other half of the solo, or see if anyone else wants to do it.

Okay Dan, I´m gonna working on it! I really need a backingtrack to work with though..(I wanna record it again).

I tryed this a couple of month ago (Marshall JVM)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/soundman_solo1_test.mp3

What do you think about it so far, Is it enough "Hammett" playing wise ?

You could also ask Matt Smith from Theocracy (I think you know him already) to do some Hetfield vocals like these

Last edited by a moderator:
We still need the bass, so if anyone is very good at bass and loves metallica and has appropriate recording facilities feel free to ask and we'll sort it out. No n00bs please. (rex, it's in E but you'll need to wait for my backing track as original sandman wasn't done to a click)
Let me know, then. I can play the bass... I'm not Cliff Burton or Jason Newstead, but it's not a hard song either and I don't consider myself a noob at bass. However, I've only got a POD to record my DI's. If you're still interested let me know.