Epic Bloodbath

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
do you think bloodbath could (should?) write some epic songs ? I mean 10 minutes long songs etc etc...
i just think about that coz 2 hours ago i was listening to Blood Vortex and the mean riff of this song just made me think about a long song..i can't explain it though...and strangely, the first song i thought about was Powerslave...

I don't think it would be "bloodbath" to write an epic song. I'm not too knowledgeable about death metal, but I don't think too many death metal bands write 10+ minute songs

actually, a lot of death metal bands play 10 minutes long tracks !!!
Vital Remains, Opeth, (early) My Dying Bride, Edge Of Sanity etc etc..
but i agree that it's still not the same kind of death metal...but i still think that a 10 minutes long song of Bloodbath could be quite interesting, really...with some solos..

I think the main reason I like bloodbath is because they keep things short and simple. I don't need a 5 minute intro with "walking through a mist-ridden forest" background noises. Just give me some detuned, balls to the walls metal -- and that is what bloodbath is. :headbang:

I wouldn't class Opeth as death metal. More "progressive metal with death metal vocals". But I seem to be heavily outnumbered in that one (don't get me wrong- I love Opeth). And My Dying Bride are more doom metal. Never heard the others.
Anyways, for the kind of music Bloodbath are playing, I don't think an epic track would work. You never know, though. It would be interesting.

most death metal bands have 3/4 min songs...
but i love epic songs... i'd be cool if a band like bloodbath would do it...

bloodbath strives on being brutally catchy in my opinion, writing a 10 min brutal catchy song thast stayed catchy and kept the listener's attention would be mega hard :p
i agree with unknown a 10 min song jsut wouldn't be bloodbath's style, cheers to them if they can prove me wrong though

euclid said:
I think the main reason I like bloodbath is because they keep things short and simple. I don't need a 5 minute intro with "walking through a mist-ridden forest" background noises. Just give me some detuned, balls to the walls metal -- and that is what bloodbath is. :headbang:
agreed!

If bloodbath were to make a song over 10 minutes long, it would take a lot of work, and considering the amount of time they have been using earlier, it's just not gonna happen. However, I think it would be interesting to hear something as brutal as bloodbath in a long song. Personally, I would prefer the song to be a bit more slow than the earlier songs. With crunchy riffs and all that :D

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
opethmaniac said:
do you think bloodbath could (should?) write some epic songs ? I mean 10 minutes long songs etc etc...
i just think about that coz 2 hours ago i was listening to Blood Vortex and the mean riff of this song just made me think about a long song..i can't explain it though...and strangely, the first song i thought about was Powerslave...
na if they did then it would get boring even if the songs great and its like 10 minutes it would drag on mabe :headbang:

Yeah 10 min long death metal songs tend to not have much of the intensity throughout, very few Black Metal bands can actually successfully write songs that long (Limbonic Art and Xasthur in particular)