EPIC MELODIC DEATH SONG FOR YOU TO MIX (17 tracks, lots of layering)

Rough Mix

Here it is, I found this track a particular challenge, lots of layers but it was a fun track to do! I hope I've done it justice :p

On the demo on your facebook page there was a cello or similar instrument under the acoustic guitars at the beginning? I couldn't find it in the stems (Unless I was just being blind) So I just bounced the mix without it. Either way, here it is.

Sounds pretty good man! Its definetly a real challenge mixing in those instruments. I will post the into strings file in the next hour

Really awesome song man, love the Insomnium influence :headbang:

Marcus! This is like god coming down and liking my music haha. Awesome to hear that you like it

anybody has the drums in audio???

I will bounce the drum track out of superior in a few minutes for ya

I have to run out for a bit but those tracks will definetly be up tonight. Also, if someone could PM me about reamping a song (its the next one thats going up on the page) that would be awesome. Thanks guys!

hey sorry i havent uploaded those drums or intro cell thing, my comp has an awesome virus right now that im trying to get rid of. Hold on tight and you should have it by tomorrow

Been playing around with this one for quite awhile now, and finally i think i came up with something that i wanted to share with you guys

Been struggling alot with this one, definitely bass and keyboards were hard (Those strings on the bass sound very old) but i'm quite happy with it thus far :) Some things not some tweaking here and there (i can't see any automation bars for today :p) In my humble opinion i think the style of this mix suits the song very good. The song is awesome by the way, very epic song writing. Hope you guys like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome track! But quite difficult ;) Here is my attempt:

- mix without limiting http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/Avalerion_UnF_DR13.mp3
- mix with limiter http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14886940/Avalerion_UnF_DR8.mp3

As you will notice, I didn't push beyond (...well, yes, actually I've tried a DR5 mix, but it was awful: drums were lost in the mix, there was just too much loudness, with muddy and killed transients even with good multi-band compression etc). I like a mix when it breathes :D Hope you enjoy.

Hey guys, my melodeath project "Avalerion" put up its first song not too long ago and I figured you guys might want a shot at mixing it. Its a pretty long song with a good amount of layering. I figure it will be good to learn how to carve out certain frequency's to clear up room for all the other instruments. Here is some info on what was used.

Everything was run through my profire 610. The guitars and bass were also run through a countryman type 85 DI box. The vocals were done with an AKG perception 220 condenser mic. The guitar that was used is an epiphone explorer with EMG 81/85 pickups. The bass was a Shecter Stilleto Custom 4 with stock pups. Its not the tightest playing because its only a demo but it works.

The mix can be found here on the facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Avalerion/229101720436626?sk=app_178091127385

Do us a favor, if you download the stems or even just like the music, like our page. Its a simple click but it means a whole lot to us.

The stems can be found here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2113488/STEMS.rar

Give it 45 minutes to upload and share your mixes when there done! Let me know if there are any problems with things syncing up. The tempo is 180 btw

BTW when i say epic melodeath, its not me being cocky by any means, its just the kind of melodeath that i consider it. Big choruses and orchestra. Thats just me though

Bounce out some drums for those of us that don't use E-Drums please. Cheers.

...so here's my go:

this was a lot of fun :)

Can you tell how you got that snare to sound this way?
The snare reminds of Nightrage, A New Disease Is Born, has that punchy unusual compression going on, can't quite put my finger on it. Also what snare was that? And the kick? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW i can believe this is still being bumped. I will try and upload those drum tracks tonight guys. Sorry i have not been following up on it, i kinda lost my apartment and life drama and yada yada. I will also listen to everyones mixes when i get home from work. Cheers!