Epic Songs

oh and also... chris cornell's preaching the end of the world.. it's not epic.. but what a nice song! :) (btw... Euphoria Morning is highly recommended)

worldwide_suicide said:
is it just me or explosions in the sky is better than godspeed you! black emperor?!

six days at the bottom of the ocean is AMAZING!

At the moment, I would agree. I forgot Godspeed on my list, but they definately ought to be there. I'm perhaps just more familiar with Explosions as yet. But both are awesome. Long live post-rock!!!

And btw, Worldwide, I think 'Winter' is a pretty epic song. I have to play it on piano for my exam next week :erk:

are you playing and singing winter?!?! wow, that rules!!!!

everytime i listen to the part "when you gonna make up your mind? when you gonna love you as much as i do?...." i get all sad and feel like crying! :(

RUSH

Working Man
By-Tor and the Snow Dog
The Necromancer
The Fountain of Lamneth
Xanadu
Cygnus X-1
Hemispheres
La Villa Strangiato
Jacob's Ladder
Natural Science
The Camera Eye

... to name a few

LOL... I love Rush. Who doesn't? They actually have lots of talent.

Yeah. And I suppose Hatework and God Of Emptiness by Morbid Angel could be considered "epic" in the death metal genre.

Oh, and totally unrelated to the topic, THIS IS MY 500th POST! HOORAY!

- the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

It doesn't really get more epic sounding than Moonsorrow. They pretty much epitomize epic metal. But a couple others:

Devil Doll - Dies Irae.....if you've heard it, you know exactly what I mean...

ISIS - In Fiction...starting from Backlit onward Panopticon feels like it flows together, but this is my favorite track from the album, and it certainly feels epic..