Epic Songs

Tubbs Mcgee said:
If you notice, Dream Theater's Scenes From A Memory is not only a concept album, but all the songs tie together aurally.

Since when is it not a concept album?

Pearl Jam - Black and Sigur Rós - Staralfur.... i fucking love those two songs!!!! and it's not "epic" but tori amos's winter gives me the idea of an epic song

The Mars Volta - Cassandra Gemini
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
JT - A Passion Play
JT - The Minstrel In The Gallery
and each Godspeed You! Black Emperor song

^wow, yeah, i love that album too.. one of my top 5... simply beautiful.

i know about what it means in english... i remember being so excited to see what the lyrics actually meant... and when i read them... iwas like.... oh ok, i' better off not knowing and follow their advice to have my own interpretation of the songs...

i'm sorry, bu ti don't think nine inch nails is epic... maybe hmmm... maybe hurt which is an mazing song... but im not sure if it's "epic" .... maybe, just maybe... the great below... fucking great song

in limbow said:
Yes! I love that song and that album (and that band!) so much. Staralfur is so beautiful. Did you know it means "Staring Elf" in English? Funny, huh?

I looked up some translations of the lyrics and it slightly ruined the mysterious feel it had for me.. Just because it sounds like a pre-schooler wrote it in English!
I haven't checked out their latest release yet HOW ABOUT YOU?!!??!!??!??!

worldwide_suicide said:
^wow, yeah, i love that album too.. one of my top 5... simply beautiful.

i know about what it means in english... i remember being so excited to see what the lyrics actually meant... and when i read them... iwas like.... oh ok, i' better off not knowing and follow their advice to have my own interpretation of the songs...

Yeah, I think it's even more emotional and amazing to listen to if you don't know the English translation off the top of your head

( ) is a great album too

porcupine_wolfff said:
and each Godspeed You! Black Emperor song

Uh yeah!!! They are like a personal end of the world in every song, you don't get much more epic and wonderful and dramatic!!

^haha LOL yeah, that's what i was trying to say.... i always thought of that song... i don't know... like it fills me with good feelings and stuff and i always thought it was about... i don't know .. some deep stuff..

but when i read the lyrics they were about an elf or something like that that visits jonsi while he's looking at the sky .... or something like that..

i still have vidrar vel til loftarasa though, and i dont wantto know what the lyrics are about!

is it just me or explosions in the sky is better than godspeed you! black emperor?!

six days at the bottom of the ocean is AMAZING!

worldwide_suicide said:
^haha LOL yeah, that's what i was trying to say.... i always thought of that song... i don't know... like it fills me with good feelings and stuff and i always thought it was about... i don't know .. some deep stuff..

but when i read the lyrics they were about an elf or something like that that visits jonsi while he's looking at the sky .... or something like that..

i still have vidrar vel til loftarasa though, and i dont wantto know what the lyrics are about!

vidrar vel til loftrasa= good time for an airstrike

Thats all I know

i remember the first time i saw the video for vidrar.... and that first song of the album ( i can't remember the name ) , they both made me cry :( they're sooooooo sad

and also, i think i read somewhere that the video for vidrar was supposed to be the video for the other song and vice vrsa... i think that's cool!

worldwide_suicide said:
is it just me or explosions in the sky is better than godspeed you! black emperor?!

six days at the bottom of the ocean is AMAZING!

I like both but I prefer the "end of the world"-tune in GY!BE songs. (especially in East Hastings)

worldwide_suicide said:
i'm sorry, bu ti don't think nine inch nails is epic... maybe hmmm... maybe hurt which is an mazing song... but im not sure if it's "epic" .... maybe, just maybe... the great below... fucking great song
Hmm I think it´s very epic. Especially The Fragile...it´s an epic record with epic songs.

yeah, i think NIN?s the Fragile is kid of epic... as i stated before "the great below" is kind of epic.... i also love that song.. hmmm la mer.. yeah.... good stuff... well and maybe "the day the world went away" is epic too