Epic Songs

Some more:
Smashing Pumpkins, tonight tonight
Metallica, Fade to Black
The Eagles Hotel California
Marilyn Manson, Coma White, the Last Day on Earth
Cradle of Filth, A Gothic Romance, Tortured Soul Asylum
Leaves Eyes- Elegy (some more on Vinland Saga, but can't remember the names right now)
Meshuggah, I
Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath, War Pigs
Judas Priest, Electric Eye

Adding on to this ever-going list...

Arcturus - Evacuation Code Deciphered
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Nile - Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten (Dallas's lead vocal performance on this is stunning)
Rush - YYZ :)D)
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Deliverance
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison
Dream Theater - Octavarium (although I think it drags on for a few minutes too long)
Opeth - Black Rose Immortal

Arcturus - Shipwrecked Frontier Pioneer

err...Nightwish - Beauty of the Beast
and how could I forget Sonata Arctica - White Pearl, Black Oceans (seeing them on 18 Feb)

angelofdeath9308 said:
Marilyn Manson, Coma White, the Last Day on Earth

Never thought I'd say MM could be epic, but compared to the rest of his catalog*ue that song (and Mechanical Animals actually...) is pretty epic!

I also agree about CoF, most of D...AHE is hugely epic, and not to forget Bathory Aria and Lustmord And Wargasm from CATB, they have an epic quality to them for sure.

I'd add February and Farewell by The Berzerker too, since they are a lot more epic than the rest of their songs!

Obviously this is comparing these songs to other songs by the same artist, not comparing Februay to Black Rose Immortal or something, that would be silly. But in the context of the album or artist.

And anything from Mortiis before The Smell Of Rain, since its pretty much written to be Epic from start to finish!

* Log as in "freshly steaming from a dogs behind" :D

Confessor of Tragedy said:
at the risk of being flamed.......

Cradle of Filth - 13 Autumns and a Widow

Cradle of filth as a band is very good *Though their newer albums are lacking*

Dani filth is the one ruining it in my eyes. If he'd just..leave, there'd be a good chance the current band members could make a great album together.

No change in dani filth leaving, though. >_>

From what album is that song?

Cruelty And The Beast. And if he wasn't in the band it would be an Iron Maiden tribute band, which is what they are slowly becoming any way.