EPICA - headcount in Detroit this Sunday

We were sad not to make it, but Yippee is busy this week replacing our roof and we just had way too much on our plate to make it down there last night.

Understood. I was hoping to see you guys there. There were mainly young kids. I felt old :)

I'm gainfully employed with a new, better paying job. You're welcome to come this weekend for one of my little parties again, details to come.

If not, I shall see you two at Prog Power for shizzle. Perhaps you can help me pick up chicks again. :lol: You have a keen eye for such things :err:

Peace,
Michael

They didn't play Never Enough, the first single from the new album?

FYI, I talked to Ad about Never Enough and he said they're doing it at some stops this tour, not at others. If it were a "proper" single, they're do it everywhere, but it didn't really get the full single treatment, so they don't. They did play it in St. Paul last night, so I was happy. Great song.

Simone had leg surgery yesterday, so she couldn't walk or stand. She did the whole show sitting, which took a bit away from the overall energy of the show, but her voice was right on and the guys really worked the stage. I like this band even more now (it was my first time seeing them for more than a song or two).

Also, during Never Enough, Simone changed "Don't you see me on my hands and knees?" to "Don't you see me on my hands and chair?". Very cute.

Ooh I was soooooooooo bummed I couldnt make it..... money, money, money!!!!!!
Hey any of you Detroit people going to EDGUY, were opening for them October 8th, discounted tickets!!!
denduraoct8thirockep3-1.jpg

ritz2band7.jpg

Simone had leg surgery yesterday, so she couldn't walk or stand. She did the whole show sitting, which took a bit away from the overall energy of the show, but her voice was right on and the guys really worked the stage. I like this band even more now (it was my first time seeing them for more than a song or two).

Also, during Never Enough, Simone changed "Don't you see me on my hands and knees?" to "Don't you see me on my hands and chair?". Very cute.
What the hell happened to Simone? Did I miss something? THAT couldn't have been planned. :err:

What the hell happened to Simone? Did I miss something? THAT couldn't have been planned. :err:

She didn't give any details. It was definitely not planned, more of an emergency-type of situation that had to be addressed when they arrived in town. During the show, she dedicated a song to the local metalhead that had taken her to the hospital.

I saw Epica Saturday night in Seattle and Simone refered to the "open wound" on her leg when I was talking to her after the show and that she needed to keep it clean until it healed. I didn't feel right asking for details of what happened but she was moving around the stage alright. She even said that she had to do one show sitting down due to the injury.

After PPVII I read a few posts about Simone being a bitch and treating fans poorly. When I met her on Saturday she was extremely friendly and approachable. She signed everything that was put in front of her and hung out by the bus for photographs until all the fans had left. She even called out asking if anyone else needed anything before she went in to clean up.

Oh, Visions of Atlantis rocked too!