Epica + Kamelot in NY - who's going?

So what happened with Simone? I wasn't able to attend PP.
I'll probably be there in my Conception t-shirt from last year :)

Stardust2112 said:
There's an Applebee's and a Chevy's on the same street as the venue, neither of which are too bad - foodwise and pricewise. They just might be crowded, though.

~C
We usually hit ABee's cause it's close, but they were charging $7/beer like B.B.'s last time. :mad: Food $$ ok though. Well, I'll have my PPVII girlie on (and a jacket, we ain't in Atlanta anymore!). CYA all there! :headbang:

If you want great food nearby the venue, just go to PAX (almost literally the next door to BB King's).

Applebee's, only if you got plenty of money to spend and plenty of time to wait.

I think the "Live Music" thread totally ruined the show for me tonight... Epica and Kamelot just use so much of it...it's something I never really payed much attention to before.

I still liked the show regardless, but a lot of parts just totally peeved me off...
...and it doesn't in any way compare with ProgPower.

AMBR said:
:OMG:
We usually hit ABee's cause it's close, but they were charging $7/beer like B.B.'s last time. :mad: Food $$ ok though. Well, I'll have my PPVII girlie on (and a jacket, we ain't in Atlanta anymore!). CYA all there! :headbang:

@ $7 a beer i wouldn't leave a tip. Crap I guess I'm cheap.

$6, sure I'll give ya a buck. But 7, forget it. Only way they're getting a tip at that rate is if I have like 4, maybe at the end of the day they'd get $30 :loco: .

I can't still understand WHY the hell they didn't place Dance of Fate.
I thought the setlist wasn't very good... it was a little "boring" for me.
Oh well, but besides that, they put on a good show... but not better than PP

And Kamelot....was just Kamelot! Always good! Awesome setlist!!!

sinerchris said:
@ $7 a beer i wouldn't leave a tip. Crap I guess I'm cheap.

$6, sure I'll give ya a buck. But 7, forget it. Only way they're getting a tip at that rate is if I have like 4, maybe at the end of the day they'd get $30 :loco: .
Well, we did end up going to AppleBees and it was happy hour, so we sat at the bar and the beers were half price, as were the wings. Service is fast at the bar, so it was cool.

Anyone else notice that this show was rated "four-horses"? Guess we must be so wild and crazy. :loco: Fun seeing Thunderstone there too, though I think I have to give up drinking with Finns. :zombie:

Anyone else catch the drummer for Epica wearing a PP shirt? I saw at least 5 people wearing PPVII shirts.
I had to leave early to make the express train to Croton Harmon. Did Kamelot play anything else after the Japanese bonus track (name escaping me atm).
It was funny when Simone tried to get the crowd to sing Solitary Ground but barely anyone sang/knew the lyrics. I know I didn't know the lyrics but I hate that song. The music sounds way too much like Close Every Door from Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat to me for some reason.

AMBR said:
Well, we did end up going to AppleBees and it was happy hour, so we sat at the bar and the beers were half price, as were the wings. Service is fast at the bar, so it was cool.

Anyone else notice that this show was rated "four-horses"? Guess we must be so wild and crazy. :loco: Fun seeing Thunderstone there too, though I think I have to give up drinking with Finns. :zombie:

uh Thunderstone was in NYC? What the heck? Please explain.

I saw the Thunderstone guys at the ATL airport last Sunday when I sent my friend back up to NY who visited for the festival. I would have thought they were bound for Finland. I didn't speak to them or anything because I am respectful.

sinerchris said:
uh Thunderstone was in NYC? What the heck? Please explain.

I saw the Thunderstone guys at the ATL airport last Sunday when I sent my friend back up to NY who visited for the festival. I would have thought they were bound for Finland. I didn't speak to them or anything because I am respectful.
Yea, they told me at PP that they were going up to site-see for a day or two. At least one of them wore a PP t-shirt. Saw them first in front of the Hard Rock Cafe and, just for fun, I went up to him and said, "Hey, nice shirt." since I was wearing mine. He looked very startled at first 'til he recognized me....and my shirt. :lol:

interesting.

i'm a big fan of those guys, have been since their first cd came out.

they seemed so tired and skiddish last Sunday @ the ATL airport.
My stupid friend yelled out THUNDERSTONE! ....I was like geek, well now I guess we REALLY can't pop over and at least say hi.