Epilouge, not just an outro

I was going to ask that...

Epilogue is a very beautiful song, but my favorite instrumental by Opeth is Patterns In The Ivy.

I forgot to add the song "silhouette" Which is actually my most listened to instrumental by Opeth. I know it wouldn't please most people, but I would really enjoy it if they just had at least one more song like silhouette.

I love this song...the lyrics are in my signature even. I absolutely love how it manages to depict the end of story that is told in MAYH. One of the best songs that Opeth has ever done.Period. You feel that something has ended in this song. If there is one track that can make me cry in this world, that would be this one.

Was watching a BBC documentary latley and procol harlem's 'a whiter shade of pale' was on and the rythem keyboard or mellotron is very very similar to Epilouge, mike, did you rip this one off aswell?

If Epilogue was a pretentious nod to prog rock, I'd see the comparison. Otherwise they're just to different to compare like that.

Karma would have suited the album better as an ending song, storyline aside. Ań album going out with a bang has that extra wow-factor.

Karma would have suited the album better as an ending song, storyline aside. Ań album going out with a bang has that extra wow-factor.

I don't agree, Karma ending to be honest ends too abruptly to be an album closer. Epilogue does this perfectly.

Epilogue is not just an ending to the story/album, whatever.
Its a great stand-alone track IMO, in fact I put this song all the time.
I think one of the reasons I am so drawn to it, is that it doesn't sound like any other Opeth song to me... It treaded different ground.
That and that fucking Hammond is perfect!

I for one really love 'Epilogue', I think it is a great closer to My Arms, Your Hearse, considering that it is the part where the main character ascends(?) to the afterlife, and it is quite an apt musical representation.