EQ ON RHYTHM GUITARS IN MIXDOWN

What about if i used multiple miking ? If I have a guitar track thru an amp with a 57 and a 421, should I run a bus to apply the EQ to both tracks, or shouldi apply different EQ on both (wich is what seems the most logical to me)

I usually move the mics until I can use them as a kinda EQ. (in case I'm using more than one mic)

so I have my let's say 3 faders, one for edge (57 for ex), one for bottom (421 or so) and one for fullness (ribbon) so now I use those faders to EQ the track to taste...Then send to a stereo-bus.....and do usually nothing on there ;)

I'll probably start recording guitars through the cab next month. I'll be using 2 mics for the rhythm. Isn't better to do the EQ after recording, or do you guys set up your EQ on the head, and record your guitars? My main question right now is pre or post EQ... eheh... :)

Well you definitely wanna get the best possible sound you can going into the mic(s) (and then coming out of the speakers as a result of mic placement), and take it from there

I usually move the mics until I can use them as a kinda EQ. (in case I'm using more than one mic)

so I have my let's say 3 faders, one for edge (57 for ex), one for bottom (421 or so) and one for fullness (ribbon) so now I use those faders to EQ the track to taste...Then send to a stereo-bus.....and do usually nothing on there ;)

that's about the same way I work, usually i do end up doing some slight cuts in the eq of the guitarbus but always try to get the best sound without eq first!

andy wallace does this almost all the time

he also mixes in "ambience" as he calls it, yet he refuses to fully reveal what that means. in an interview he said its something similair to mixing in other sounds that weren't originally in the recording when he recieved it to mix...

A friend of mine got some samples from a 3-named Engineer that does just that. He also had some super verby samples that he pastes in.