Eraserhead

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
your thoughts on this movie?

i watched it with filthy sanchez, best and a few other friends of ours yesterday at home. i had already done some research before seeing this bizarre film, but i was shocked anyway. i cant say i LOVED it the minute after it was over, but it really got me curious and thirsty for more research, speculating and thinking. now, after reading some online sources and thinking back at some of the scenes, i must say i really love the movie. it's pure genious. so original and uncomprimising.

it's really wierd. you're not gonna like it probably. i think mulholland drive and elephant man are his best stuff.

Mulholland Drive is one of the best movies in the world. Sorry for the next sentence :lol:, but it is a psychological trip into a mind of a borderline personality showing the reasons...;)

The reality is very rare in Lynch movies this is great about it.

toolsofthetrade said:
it took me 10 times a pleasant view of Lost Highway to really out down a proper theery. Lynch is mental. but in a sane way.
What is your theory about Lost Highway?

i don't think there is one. it doesn't have to make a (logical) point i mean. and i don't have a problem with that. like fight club by fincher. you can't logicaly explain it but the film is fuckin huge like.

Logic isn´t adequate for such a movie, you are right with that, but there is a explanation for all the plots of Lynch movies...

For example Mulholland Drive is about the loss of identity, the loss of memory, about being unable to distinguish between yourself and other persons. The personality of the main actress isn´t set properly it is somehow floating. She is searching for the lost reason. Reality and dream merge into eachother, with the result of anxiety at the end. She opened the secret box... and found something she never found a way to deal with back in her past...

A strange world, when someone is able to touch it. She can just describe the whole shit in her dreams.

This is what Mulholland Drive is about !!! About the SHIT!

Also Blue Velvet and Wild At Heart is about the same topic :err:. Lost Highway too. There isn´t much reality in Lynch movies but a lot of symbols, like in a dream...

Did we/you loose our/your highway?

Frodnat said:
Logic isn´t adequate for such a movie, you are right with that, but there is a explanation for all the plots of Lynch movies...

For example Mulholland Drive is about the loss of identity, the loss of memory, about being unable to distinguish between yourself and other persons. The personality of the main actress isn´t set properly it is somehow floating. She is searching for the lost reason. Reality and dream merge into eachother, with the result of anxiety at the end. She opened the secret box... and found something she never found a way to deal with back in her past...

A strange world, when someone is able to touch it. She can just describe the whole shit in her dreams.

This is what Mulholland Drive is about !!! About the SHIT!

Also Blue Velvet and Wild At Heart is about the same topic :err:. Lost Highway too.

Did we/you loose our/your highway?
Well no, otherwise we wouldn´t be in this forum!!!:)

Frodnat said:

For example Mulholland Drive is about the loss of identity, the loss of memory, about being unable to distinguish between yourself and other persons. The personality of the main actress isn´t set properly it is somehow floating. She is searching for the lost reason. Reality and dream merge into eachother, with the result of anxiety at the end.
if you replace she with he then it would be the same main themes for Lost H'way.

and as in theories, i'd say as Sol did; you shouldnt try to understand, cos thats what it is about basically. but in some sort of way I reckon the Fred part should be seen after the Pete bit. in some kind of way it makes more sense, tho it still remains very mysterious and surreal like.
he did the exact same thing with M'land drive, only more sophisticated.
imho.

Dhatura said:
Yeah, it has some dream-like quality in it, I fell asleep in the middle, muahhahahah.
Actually the real scenes that aren´t dream are only about 1 1/2 minutes of the whole movie :)... The main actress fell asleep at the beginning:Smug:.