Eric, The growling?

Guitarmachine

New Metal Member
Jan 4, 2007
SHit man, I really dig how he growls, it reminds me of Ihsahn of Emperor in a way. The real question here is, how can I learn to growl like him. He got kinda of hoarse growling, or somethin'.

Stay metal!

Hey Guitarmachine...
I did a rather in depth interview with Eric at LivingForMetal...and asked him about his vocals...etc.. and about Testament and Dragonlord...

here's the link:
http://www.livingformetal.com/interviews/int.aspx?intID=17

One thing Eric talked about..was not so much as how good you can actually sing..or what notes you can hit, but rather.."tell the story" a producer..told him.."you ain't the best singer etc...lol..just tell the story!"...and that advice really helped Eric sing better... it's a cool interview..check it out if you haven't already..Eric is very cool too!..

All the best,
'Steve Saks
www.LivingForMetal.com

THANKS!! Great interview, fuckin' great. I only wished he told more how he trained himself to sing like that, you know?

He's always done those background vocals..Here's a cool part of my Int w/ Eric

SS: Is it hard? I know you always did backing vocals and you even sang lead vocals on And then there was none by Exodus on the Testament video Seen Between The Lines when you guys were warming up backstage before a show and were playing it.

EP: Yeah Chuck always called me “The Wicked Witch” I always had this back up vocal that sounded like 10 people, this scream(makes witch sounding noise). And of course watching Chuck warm up every night and kind of not molding Chuck but I’m always the one in the studio and he’ll do his tracks and everyone will all be like “killer” And I’ll go ‘can you do this or that with it” And then of course getting the light bulb in my head for the whole Dragonlord thing.

Dragonlord was born!