ESP Alexi200 Custom

DeadlySinners

Thrasher
Mar 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys i'm considering buying an ESP Alexi200 guitar soon, I want to know if anyone has one and is happy with it. Just let me know if you've ever had problems with them. Cause I bought a BC Rich last year and after I got home I realised it had a fucked input jack and a fucked volume knob so I had to take it back for Refund.

Thanks.

Hey guys i'm considering buying an ESP Alexi200 guitar soon, I want to know if anyone has one and is happy with it. Just let me know if you've ever had problems with them. Cause I bought a BC Rich last year and after I got home I realised it had a fucked input jack and a fucked volume knob so I had to take it back for Refund.

Thanks.
The guitar would be fine. If you ever had any problems with it, it would probaly be a production problem, and thats why you have warrenty.
LTD products in that price category are usually fine. If else = Warranty.

Well if u want to customize it then its fine. Overall the guitar gets beaten by Jackson RR3 badly in both terms:Quality and playability. The floyd rose will give u problems though. make sure ure careful with it and set it up. Im sure the floyd wont be any good since my mmv had a super sucky floyd too...really hated it! Well id choose the RR3 if i was you but then again you asked for the alexi 200 so i wont be a nag:)

IMO the RR3 is crap, i know someone who has it, and i really hate playing on it. Not only does it lack two frets, but the pickguard on front is disgusting, and the frets are way too small imo. Big frets <3

Its all about personal preference though, but check if the Alexi200 has frets around the size of your current guitar, because jumping fretsizes is essentially gonna give you some trouble. A floyd rose doesnt have to be a bitch to set up, its all about what you incorporate, or want to incorporate in your playing style. If you never use it, then its not worth it, but if you use, or want to use it in your style of playing, than its worth the time it takes to learn how to set it up (eventually you'll be able to set it up pretty fast, when you know what, how and why)

Checked it out now, and i may say it looks very nice. Jumbo frets are good, and the pickups are the same as in my LTD F-250, and i think they are nice. I'm actually considering getting one myself, seeing as it has pretty much anything that my F has, except its a different shape.
That floyd though, is lisenced(as in my guitars F), it can come very squeaky and ass, but just adjust the springs a bit, and set it up, and it will give you no problem at all.

Checked it out now, and i may say it looks very nice. Jumbo frets are good, and the pickups are the same as in my LTD F-250, and i think they are nice. I'm actually considering getting one myself, seeing as it has pretty much anything that my F has, except its a different shape.
That floyd though, is lisenced(as in my guitars F), it can come very squeaky and ass, but just adjust the springs a bit, and set it up, and it will give you no problem at all.

What i meant is that Lisc.FR is just all around bitchier than a OFR. It will sooner or later crap out. LTD floyds are worse than jackson ones IMO but i guess that can be preferance question. Well shit the same...i didnt like the alexi-200. Way too high price for way too low quality guitar.

I have no idea why they're calling this the "Alexi" 200, when has Alexi ever played a King V on tour?

I have no idea why they're calling this the "Alexi" 200, when has Alexi ever played a King V on tour?

JS30KV_King_V_xl.jpg

15045.jpg

17026-1.jpg

29398_0.jpg

Its not a king V, but i believe the newer models feature a larger lower fin than the older models.

"The US version guitars are a slightly different shape than what Alexi usually plays, as the RV shape is a copyrighted Jackson shape. So to avoid a lawsuit ESP made the bottom horn slightly larger and also put in a cut-away to get to the lower frets." Quoted from the Alexi Laiho Wikipedia article.

http://www.endlesswar.net/SOB/site.php?go=alexi&lang=en
You can see alexi's Black and Yellow US version down there

Well yeah, I knew all that but even still, they're nearly the same length and the black or white one don't resemble any of Alexi's guitars imo because of the absense of the pinstripes.

Yeah, i hear ya. They are just riding the omgalexi train to sell. It should really be called like, LTD-RU 200 or something like that, where the U is for USA model or something. One thing is for sure, teh model you have in your sig, pwns the shit out of it haha.
I was thinking of getting that Alexi 200 myself, but im unsure due to the USA shape. If i were to do it, i'd sand the bevels and paint them black (i'd get the White model).
if i were to get the black, i'd take white, blue or yellow bevels

Yeah, i hear ya. They are just riding the omgalexi train to sell. It should really be called like, LTD-RU 200 or something like that, where the U is for USA model or something. One thing is for sure, teh model you have in your sig, pwns the shit out of it haha.
I was thinking of getting that Alexi 200 myself, but im unsure due to the USA shape. If i were to do it, i'd sand the bevels and paint them black (i'd get the White model).
if i were to get the black, i'd take white, blue or yellow bevels

Yup...they have horrible quality looking at the price too...damn rape off deal! I swear to god a RR3 wins it in every way...only thing worse on rr3 is the 2 missing frets but its damn worth it. I woud choose RR3 over Alexi-200 anyday.

Hey, thanks everyone for helping a lot. Anyways from what I've heard im gonna buy it. Down were i live its only about $550 dollors because Tom Lee Music is on a back to school sale so i get it like 300 dollors cheaper than retail price. And yeah, Im planning on using the floyd Rose a lot. Thats why Im getting the guitar, Ive always wanted a FR and EMG pickups cos my BC Rich is a piece of Smelly ass monkey shit. Plus I also like the shape a lot cos its good for playing on your knee and the cutaway by the top frets is a big plus for me cos I have moderatly small hands. And my BCR also has xj size frets so theres no switching sizes. And I would buy a Jackson but I dont have the money for a really good guitar anyway.

Besides that thanks for the help guys.

do you know the difference between spending money and investing money?

cause buying a shitty guitar period is spending money imo.

Yup...they have horrible quality looking at the price too...damn rape off deal! I swear to god a RR3 wins it in every way...only thing worse on rr3 is the 2 missing frets but its damn worth it. I woud choose RR3 over Alexi-200 anyday.

imo the worst thing about the RR3 is the flat neck and the small frets, which is quite the arse to play on, for me who's used to thin U and XJ frets, fret number is not THAT big of a deal, but i get times where i miss the rest on my Telecaster, which as a mere 21 frets. Imo the price is not that bad for that guitar, i was looking at a german site, and it said 500€, that is 4000nok, which is not much for a guitar here, all things concidered. The pickup is ok, it can be switched out for a better one for not much money. I read that its Basswood, i have little experience with it, but i have seen some guitars who apparently play good use basswood. Its not that of a piece of crap, but it could definitely be better ofc

imo the worst thing about the RR3 is the flat neck and the small frets, which is quite the arse to play on, for me who's used to thin U and XJ frets, fret number is not THAT big of a deal, but i get times where i miss the rest on my Telecaster, which as a mere 21 frets. Imo the price is not that bad for that guitar, i was looking at a german site, and it said 500&#8364;, that is 4000nok, which is not much for a guitar here, all things concidered. The pickup is ok, it can be switched out for a better one for not much money. I read that its Basswood, i have little experience with it, but i have seen some guitars who apparently play good use basswood. Its not that of a piece of crap, but it could definitely be better ofc

Thats pretty much true. The flat neck is in my taste coz i hate the Round necks. I guess it just wasnt my thing. When i started liking jackson necks the whole will to get a LTD/Edwards/ESP just estinguished. I Wont buy a guitar im uncomfortable with so. The only bad thing about the Alexi-200 is the VERY crappy floyd rose...and bolt on neck. If it was set neck and it had a better licensed floyd rose id have it now :D

EDIT: Oh yeah...i dont have long fingers either or anythin...i dno if my guitar has XJ frets...dont think so.

DON'T GET ONE OF THE ALEXI-200s! Worst guitar I have ever played! Seriously! For that price you can get MUCH better axes!

DON'T GET ONE OF THE ALEXI-200s! Worst guitar I have ever played! Seriously! For that price you can get MUCH better axes!

Not for 300 euros...but if u get one for 500 youre plain stupid. Theres still better even if rr3 woudnt be ones taste. Ive tested one too. Pretty poor quality. Much worse than a MMV.