ESP Alexi200 Custom

I'm not certain i'll get this guitar. I was looking at this, and an RG 350DX, but i dropped the RG on the fret topic, since it has smaller frets than im used to, so i'd end up with a guitar i'd find uncomfortable to play on.

I'm yet to actually try the Alexi 200, but i wont buy it untill i try it. I'll get a local music shop to order it, so i can try it without having to buy it :D
And the lackage of neck pickup, hm. See, when i play clean on my LTD Forest, i put it on both pickups, and it sounds sweet, Jason Becker-ish tone actually.
I doubt i'd be able to get that with only one pickup, and its the bridge one. Its arse for clean :(

It kinda sucks being used to what im used to, XJ and Thin U shape neck. Few guitars have it, and i'd LOVE an ibanez, but eh, yes. Most LTD's have it, so thats why im looking into them.

Oh, and im looking at this guitar purely because its a (rather disfigured) RR shape, and its the only one within my "budget" on the income i have, which is none.

Not for 300 euros...but if u get one for 500 youre plain stupid. Theres still better even if rr3 woudnt be ones taste. Ive tested one too. Pretty poor quality. Much worse than a MMV.

Where did you find it for 300€ btw?

I'm not certain i'll get this guitar. I was looking at this, and an RG 350DX, but i dropped the RG on the fret topic, since it has smaller frets than im used to, so i'd end up with a guitar i'd find uncomfortable to play on.

I'm yet to actually try the Alexi 200, but i wont buy it untill i try it. I'll get a local music shop to order it, so i can try it without having to buy it :D
And the lackage of neck pickup, hm. See, when i play clean on my LTD Forest, i put it on both pickups, and it sounds sweet, Jason Becker-ish tone actually.
I doubt i'd be able to get that with only one pickup, and its the bridge one. Its arse for clean :(

It kinda sucks being used to what im used to, XJ and Thin U shape neck. Few guitars have it, and i'd LOVE an ibanez, but eh, yes. Most LTD's have it, so thats why im looking into them.

Oh, and im looking at this guitar purely because its a (rather disfigured) RR shape, and its the only one within my "budget" on the income i have, which is none.

Where did you find it for 300€ btw?

Someone in this thread said he had found one for 300. I still trust that Jackson RR3 will do you greater justice to you...test one? i think the one i tested was beautiful and darn good. It still has Jumbo frets so its not impossible. Im telling you this mainly coz i really regret i got a LTD MMV laiho design version instead of the RR3...coz now when i look at it the Jackson woud have made me happier. just test your way forth.

A friend of mine have an RR3 with a swirl paint job. I have played it yes, and i hated it, really :S Tried one in a store aswell, same deal. I just cant get used to it. I have the same thing with the Jackson Kelly i own, just cannae play it.

Best thing for me, would be a custom Jackson/ESP RR shape with Original Floyd rose + Thin u shape neck and 24 XJ frets, and neckthru.

or ibanez Jem 7v with XJ frets. Hahem

Now, a little more info about this guitar.

Its basswood. According to Wikipedia:
"Basswood is also frequently used as a material for electric guitar bodies. In the past, it was typically used (along with agathis) for favoured for less-expensive models. However, due to its better resonance at mid and high frequency, and better sustain than alder, it is now more commonly in uses with all kinds of superstrats, such as Ibanez RG, Ibanez JEM, and even Jackson Soloist, among other superstrats."

For me, that is perfect. Sustain, Mid and High, just down my lane! The Floyd Rose is licensed, and its one i allready own, so i know it, and therefore i know what im talking about and going to, and im gonna go for that floyd. Also it can be exchanged for an original floyd rose, and seeing as the wood isnt arse, it should be fine!

Bolt on, many people loathe bolt on and scream about sucky sustain. The reality is that its not THAT big of a deal. I mean, Steve Vai uses bolt on guitars, whats good enough for him, is good enough for me. I have both Neckthru and Bolt on guitars, and the difference isnt that huge.

The pickups, are ESP-EMG, so im guessing its made by ESP under EMG license. I have the same pickup, infact TWO of the same pickup, slapped onto my Forest. I like them, but if they dont fit you, you can exchange them.

Realize that the Basswood body is actually a good base for upgrading a guitar, atleast for me. Im gonna test this guitar first, ofcourse, but so far, it meets my demands for a low price

Now, a little more info about this guitar.

Its basswood. According to Wikipedia:
"Basswood is also frequently used as a material for electric guitar bodies. In the past, it was typically used (along with agathis) for favoured for less-expensive models. However, due to its better resonance at mid and high frequency, and better sustain than alder, it is now more commonly in uses with all kinds of superstrats, such as Ibanez RG, Ibanez JEM, and even Jackson Soloist, among other superstrats."

For me, that is perfect. Sustain, Mid and High, just down my lane! The Floyd Rose is licensed, and its one i allready own, so i know it, and therefore i know what im talking about and going to, and im gonna go for that floyd. Also it can be exchanged for an original floyd rose, and seeing as the wood isnt arse, it should be fine!

Bolt on, many people loathe bolt on and scream about sucky sustain. The reality is that its not THAT big of a deal. I mean, Steve Vai uses bolt on guitars, whats good enough for him, is good enough for me. I have both Neckthru and Bolt on guitars, and the difference isnt that huge.

The pickups, are ESP-EMG, so im guessing its made by ESP under EMG license. I have the same pickup, infact TWO of the same pickup, slapped onto my Forest. I like them, but if they dont fit you, you can exchange them.

Realize that the Basswood body is actually a good base for upgrading a guitar, atleast for me. Im gonna test this guitar first, ofcourse, but so far, it meets my demands for a low price

The deal on Alexi-200 is that its hard to reach higher frets.

The Phenom, check this out http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPALEXI200
I'm letting my local shop order it someday too, then try it out also
woah! NOT BAD PRICE. Might be worth it.

A friend of mine have an RR3 with a swirl paint job. I have played it yes, and i hated it, really :S Tried one in a store aswell, same deal. I just cant get used to it. I have the same thing with the Jackson Kelly i own, just cannae play it.

Best thing for me, would be a custom Jackson/ESP RR shape with Original Floyd rose + Thin u shape neck and 24 XJ frets, and neckthru.

or ibanez Jem 7v with XJ frets. Hahem

Yes the thing with jackson necks...either u hate jackson and love ESP(the necks...some can actually like both but yes its preference)...or vice versa. Just like that:) Theres really just a preference there. U might be better off buying it then if you really like the neck but some upgrades woud do the guitar wonders. I had the same problem with ltd that u have with jackson :D The guitar will totally rock when u flick in a couple of seymour duncans or a 81/85 set of EMGs. Then a Schaller floyd and its a kickass guitar!

EDIT: Didnt notice it had only one pup...you coud try to flick in a Seymour duncan blackout.

The deal on Alexi-200 is that its hard to reach higher frets.

woah! NOT BAD PRICE. Might be worth it.

Yes the thing with jackson necks...either u hate jackson and love ESP(the necks...some can actually like both but yes its preference)...or vice versa. Just like that:) Theres really just a preference there. U might be better off buying it then if you really like the neck but some upgrades woud do the guitar wonders. I had the same problem with ltd that u have with jackson :D The guitar will totally rock when u flick in a couple of seymour duncans or a 81/85 set of EMGs. Then a Schaller floyd and its a kickass guitar!

EDIT: Didnt notice it had only one pup...you coud try to flick in a Seymour duncan blackout.

If its hard to reach, then i'll just saw off that fucking side and repaint it :lol:

and yes, i was thinking along the same lines, Duncan or Emg, and Schaller or Original Floyd :D

Tbh I think those Alexi 200's are the perfect guitar to upgrade and customize, they're cheap, they look good. And Im sure some kickass pickups would destroy any possible sustain problems.

Tbh I think those Alexi 200's are the perfect guitar to upgrade and customize, they're cheap, they look good. And Im sure some kickass pickups would destroy any possible sustain problems.

Its not perfect. If it was lower price and the neck joint wasnt as bad then it woud be perfect.

and what about the agathis wood? I often read reports where people say the agathis sucks.

Wrong

According to espguitars.com the Alexi-200 features Basswood body

wikipedia on basswood as tone wood:

Hey, im thinking about buying this guitar too, but im also considering the rr3. Witch one would you guys say is the best? And also, witch one will last the longest, because after this upgrade i probably wont buy a new guitar for a looong looong time. Btw is it true that the floyd rose on the alexi 200 is shit?

Yes, from what i have heard, its worse than the one i have, which imo is pretty arse. But i also think the RR3 Floyd is shit aswell, so lol

Hey, im thinking about buying this guitar too, but im also considering the rr3. Witch one would you guys say is the best? And also, witch one will last the longest, because after this upgrade i probably wont buy a new guitar for a looong looong time. Btw is it true that the floyd rose on the alexi 200 is shit?

RR3 floyd>Alexi-200 Floyd

I personally would go for the Alexi-200, but imo you should get your local shop to import them so you can test them both, and see which of them you like the best

I personally would go for the Alexi-200, but imo you should get your local shop to import them so you can test them both, and see which of them you like the best

So they are quite like in quality and so on? Well then i¨ll simply play them both and buy what feels best.

Your pretty retarted of you going to put an OFR in a Alexi 200.
Sustain does come from wood, bridges, necks and stuff. But also more!

The holes that are drilled for an OFR, if they are just a fraction to large = less sustain.
And all those tiny bits, due to lack of quality(control), contribute to a lost of sustain.