Smile at the moon
Art of reason
Long way home
Pilot in the sky of dreams
Slipstream

Encores:
Mission profile
Paradox

Good review Justin! And I agree with you on most points :)

Like we've seen before in this thread, Speric Universe Experience started out with bad sound. Their drums too loud, guitars barely heard at the start and the vocals drowned away by the drums. I did enjoy the fact that unlike most keyboard players, their keyboardist was running across the stage and moving about at every opportunity he got! The guys from SUE were definitely enjoying their time on stage, judging from the big smiles on their faces throughout the show.

After that Serenity. I missed the gigs they did on the Live Reckoning tour and the support gigs they did for Kamelot, but because of the good reviews i did go see them in The Hague for their very first headliner gig in Holland. I was impressed then, them giving away a great show with only about 50 people in the audience (including the band that opened up for them!) with some nice crowd interaction that you don't get with a big crowd. So I knew what I was in for when they took the stage, but they blew me away once again.

And then Threshold...wow. To hear all the old material, all three parts of Critical Mass and some of the golden oldies...just wow. I enjoyed myself thoroughly even though the sound for me wasn't completely perfect, but that was cos I was off to the right side of the stage, right in front of the speakers. Damian made his regular excursions through the audience, commented that The Art of Reason was his personal favorite Threshold song ever and was his usual energetic self on stage. After the encores Damian called the guys from SUE and Serenity back on stage and managed to convince the singer and drummer of Serenity to do some sort of Austrian yodeling act.

Unfortunately I couldn't stick around to hang out with the bands and seek out some people in the crowd cos I had a 25 minute walk ahead of me to catch my train, and 20 minutes to do it :( I did not get to meet BDTM, but I do think I saw Astrid at the front and center during Serenity and SUE but lost sight of her during the Threshold gig. I did get to see Alex (Ayreonaut) again and had a blast with them!

Can't wait for the new album and the tour that accompanies it!

So I traveled 300km one way and it was worth it! Thanks Astrid and Iris! *waiting for your pics*
And I really would like to see more and more, but there's always something that's between all this fun.
Thanks for the guy that offered me a coke right after the gig. The whole gig was so awesome that I was shaking and nearly had a breakdown after it...but he saved me :)

So I'm looking forward to the upcomming album and the new live shows!
I hope the guys will come to the Rhein-Main Area, so I don't need to travel that far :)´

And of course a serenity Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPJLU9pMw2w

It was very nice to meet you, and it will be good to see you again on the next tour :)
Thanks for posting the videos, it's nice to "go back" to the show again :)

Just back from Zoetermeer and still recovering - great to meet Astrid, Iris and a number of others. A shame the ferry times meant the band had to leave (albeit not until about 2am!)

Full thoughts to follow after some much needed sle...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back home from London gig, obtained 2 DW autographs (Decadent CD and Paradox Booklet). Couldn't stay after the show for fear of missing last train.

I was stood about 2 or 3 people to the left of FG.

Damian's vocals were soaring as usual, Pete's guitar work was fantastic, even adding his own little flourishes! Setlist was absolutely fantastic, some real rare treats for the fans.

Thanks again Threshold :headbang:

On a night where a lot of things which could have gone wrong, did actually go wrong (the whole of the Victoria line being closed for example), seeing Threshold perform somehow made everything right!

So...

THANK YOU Damian for coming to greet us at the door and stay out in the cold for a chat. The fact that he actually recognised and acknowledged me was a humbling experience. At the end of the show whilst waiting to catch the bus home, I saw Damian hang out with some fans outside the venue. That's when it struck me that this is the kind of hospitality one gets treated to when invited to friends and family. One is greeted at the door, invited inside to have a good time and bid goodbye on the way out...Threshold somehow always felt like family!

THANK YOU for the TV screen. That was a welcome enhancement to a usually empty stage as far as special effects go. There's so much going on that screen that it needs to have a gig of its own!

THANK YOU for the Essence of Progression tour. The full appreciation of the tour title is only acquired after witnessing the number of epic progressive live performances on show: Consume To Live, Fighting For Breath, Part Of The Chaos, One Degree Down, Critical Mass, Art Of Reason, Long Way Home, Pilot In The Sky of Dreams...phew!

THANK YOU for the incredible guitar solos. I remember saying to Karl after the gig that I would have to kill him if he didn't play the inspired outro solo on One Degree Down but since he did, I can die a happy man! Karl Groom is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. This comes across in his performance both on record and live. His music connects and speaks to me on a unique level. Karl does not play the guitar...he bleeds!

THANK YOU for adding 'Smile At The Moon' to the set list. It worked like a charm!

THANK YOU for playing 'Critical Mass' in its entirety. The keyboard parts on 'Lucky' coupled with the images of the TV screen was an out-of-this-world experience!

THANK YOU Threshold for another memorable live performance! More of this kind of performance on future tours please!

PS: Richard growling in the shadows on Slipstream was nothing short of frightening! :headbang:
PPS: The only complaint was that the drums were way too loud, overshadowing the keyboards many times. Johanne is without a doubt a power house but last night was like a stampede of wild elephants running amok. Calm down Johanne! :)

well the cold night at Zoetermeer gave me a bloody strong cold, so i had to forfit London. Luckily i knew it was coming up so i hadn't arranged the plane ticket. hostel was easliy to cancel.

Would have loved to meet some of the brittish croud, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.

Oh well maybe in 2 weeks with Damian...

Great show at The Garage last night guys, this line-up of Threshold really rocks live!
Really nice to hear some different songs too, I really enjoyed the Critical Mass stuff.
Blimey was it me or was Johanne really loud last night, my ringing ears tell me it was Johanne!!
Shame we couldn't hang around to meet afterwards but The Garage staff were ushering us pretty much straight after the gig finished.

Anyway it was worth the 'red eye' 3.00am ferry back to the Isle of Wight!!

Look forward to seeing the guys again in 2010 at some stage.

Just got back from the Zoetermeer show, it was filmed for DVD :D :D

I asked Damian about the DVD last night and apparently it's off because he's not happy about certain things. Can't say for sure whether he was serious or joking because he was quite playful last evening saying for example that's they're not playing The Art of Reason, which they obviously did.

So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I asked Damian about the DVD last night and apparently it's off because he's not happy about certain things. Can't say for sure whether he was serious or joking because he was quite playful last evening saying for example that's they're not playing The Art of Reason, which they obviously did.

So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I would think Damian so perfectionist that he would cancel the dvd, or at least put it on a backburner till they have another opportunity to shoot some material, if he isn't 100% satisfied.

Perhaps the bandmembers can tell us about their experiences on the tour and give their opinion on the dvd question as well?

Damian did say to us the same thing about the DVD. I don't think he was joking.

Absolutely fantastic gig though and great night after. :lol:

Photos soon to follow. Venues need less red light and more forward white light. Grr! Unfortunately I have to work this evening so i cannot sort them out just yet! :cry:

Damian did say to us the same thing about the DVD. I don't think he was joking.

Absolutely fantastic gig though and great night after. :lol:

Photos soon to follow. Venues need less red light and more forward white light. Grr! Unfortunately I have to work this evening so i cannot sort them out just yet! :cry:

Were you at the London gig as well? Were you one of the two photographers who was making pictures throughout the show?