The UK / Benulux Tour Spring 2009 - Post Your Pictures, Videos and Reviews Here

Don't get too excited - by long I mean about 1cm!!! It's normally a one all over.

Not sure how to post a pic that is on someone elses upload site - and it might be a bit rude to save it to my own PC

You'll just have to hold the excitement until you have swum home - you will notice very close similarities to the pic of me with the Eiffel Tower coming out of my head

I decided at the last minute to attend the gig in Poole @ Mr Kyps, so after a long long drive, and some time-killing in porstmouth with my brother and our friend, we went over to poole for the gig.
(It was only after I had arrived at the venue that I realised I should have brought my Threshold promo stuff! I was kicking myself!)

The venue was fairly hidden, but was a decent size and it looked like the turn out was going to be good.

The only other band that played was Galahad (who played before threshold), whose music seemed a bit similar to old marillion, but a bit heavier. Personally, I wouldn't have let Galahad play for so long, but I suppose as it was a "Double headline" event, the sets had to be near enough equal length (and obviously I went to see threshold, so could have happily listened to them all evening and no one else).

Threshold then came on and begun with Slipstream, which was then followed by Pressure. I was happy to hear Exposed, as it is one of the older ones and was recorded with Damian. I still think that Damian does a fantastic job on the DR tracks and the others recorded with Mac. It would have been good to hear some more from Extinct Instinct and wounded land though, but nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the gig and all the songs were played to the standard that you would expect from Threshold. The atmosphere of the gig was excellent, and the crowd were fairly noisy, which was particularly surprising because when I turned round, there really weren't that many people there after all. It was no where near packed, but I think we made up for it by being a noisy crowd, and the band seemed to be enjoying themselves too. To me, it felt a bit like a private gig, which I suppose added to the great atmosphere.
I went to buy one of the new "T" threshold tshirts at the end, but I realised I was £3 short, so had to go home empty handed, but my friend got one and I have to say they look superb.

Anyway, enough of my waffle. It was a great gig and I want to say a big well done and thank you to all the Threshold boys.

There is the Setlist that my brother got:
11052009548copy.jpg

and here are the only two photos I got of the gig:
10052009546.jpg

10052009547.jpg

and two very short videos:

Videos and photos are rubbish quality as there were done on my phone (sorry!). If I had decided to go to the gig sooner, I could have brought a better camera, but it was a spur of the moment thing.

:kickass:

I would say that the highlights of the gig were Ravages of Time, One Degree down (best DR track IMHO), and Exposed.

Well finally I get around to posting, what a great weekend we had with a Threshold double header doing The Peel and Mr Kyps gigs.
At The Peel we opted to stand towards the rear on the front of the elevated section for a clear view across the crowd and a better sound. I have to say it was the first time we'd seen Kyrbgrinder and we thorughly enjoyed them, great guitar sound and the Dean guitars are quite visual. Johanne was excellent as a frontman/drummer I really like that pointy/starey thing he does with the drumsticks :D.
Threshold were on fine form as peeps have already posted, with Damien periodically leaping into the crowd to gee people up, really nice to see Pete looking very comfortable with the band now... this line-up really seems to be enjoying playing live.
We had a brief chat with Karl and said hello to Pete afterwards and also said hello to John Mitchell (Frost*/It Bites/Arena) who remembered my singing exploits from the Frost* Christmas show at The Peel (which was nice!).
The next day after a hearty breakfast in the Sunshine Cafe Tolworth we headed back down South. Surprisingly this was the first time I'd been to Mr Kyps and I thought it was a pretty decent venue. As Graham mentioned Galahad played perhaps two songs too long for my tastes, but there I guess they don't get an outing all that regularly and it was their home crowd.
Damien came through the front row of the crowd before Threshold started to see 'who was there', I also noticed him talking to local boy John Wetton prior to the gig.
We went right down the front on the rail this time, sound wasn't quite so good there, but a great vibe... we sang and shouted ourselves hoarse, Anna even got a "well done" and a pat on the head from Damien! She also managed to grab a setlist from Johanne at the final bow too... result!

As I say a fantastic weekend!

Don't get too excited - by long I mean about 1cm!!! It's normally a one all over.

Aha! I was wondering how you were getting away with long hair being a police officer...it's all relative! :)

I decided at the last minute to attend the gig in Poole @ Mr Kyps

I've been through that phase where you're not sure you want to go or not and then end up not going...and regretting it. So you made the right decision and I'm glad you had a good time.

I would say that the highlights of the gig were Ravages of Time, One Degree down (best DR track IMHO), and Exposed.

Is it a coincidence that you like all the long Progressive tracks?

Okay, from the Rotherham gig:

Here's Karl in all his glory:
Img_6411a.jpg

And here's my entry for ligger of the week:

IMG_6399b.JPG

I did contrive to get myself photographed with half the band, but you didn't really come here to look at pictures of me. By the way, I'm not extraordinarily short, Mr West got stuck behind his pile of merchandise so we're leaning over a table!

I've been through that phase where you're not sure you want to go or not and then end up not going...and regretting it. So you made the right decision and I'm glad you had a good time.
Yes! I agree. I am glad I decided to go in the end, and it really made it a good weekend, when it would have otherwise been dull and boring.

Is it a coincidence that you like all the long Progressive tracks?
:lol: I don't think so actually. I seem to prefer longer songs in general. Sometimes I get to the end of a really good song and I think to myself "That was an amazing song... if only it were 5 mins longer".
But I love the long, heavy solo part at the end of One Degree Down. I think its already one of my favourite Threshold tracks.

:lol: I don't think so actually. I seem to prefer longer songs in general. Sometimes I get to the end of a really good song and I think to myself "That was an amazing song... if only it were 5 mins longer".

:lol: You think just like me

But I love the long, heavy solo part at the end of One Degree Down. I think its already one of my favourite Threshold tracks.

That solo is mind blowing! I don't know if you remember the London gig when Threshold opened for Kamelot. It's a bit blurry now, but they did not play One Degree Down but instead played the solo on its own at the end of another song: OUT OF THIS WORLD!:headbang:

There were four or five T shirts, I'm sure there was a long sleeve thingy, and CDs including Replica. Clothes included DR, the T and the compass. I'm sure i saw a couple f rogue fridge magnets kicking around, and some other Threshold related CDs were floating about - I was told there were some Le Salle ones and I'm sure I saw someone with a sealed Soliloquy one

And I remember reading the guitar spec but can't remember it now! Doh!

Give it a go I'm sure you'll do fine!!

I will, next time around. Prolly in November. Maybe I'll make it a team effort together with Ayreonaut and his photographing skills :p Him and I bump into eachother in the weirdest of places anyways :p (Like club Bazart in The Hague)

I'm jealous of all of you that got to see Kyrbgrinder live btw :p

It was simply another fantastic night at "The Peel".

First time I've heard "Kyrbgrinder", bit heavy but enjoyable, Threshold were Awesome !!!!!!

The only minor gripe I have is that I was standing on the raised section at the back and there were a couple of pished idiots behind me who talked the whole way through the gig :mad:.

Will definately be back in November to see DWB.

I will, next time around. Prolly in November. Maybe I'll make it a team effort together with Ayreonaut and his photographing skills :p Him and I bump into eachother in the weirdest of places anyways :p (Like club Bazart in The Hague)

I'm jealous of all of you that got to see Kyrbgrinder live btw :p

That's not weird if Serenity plays there, Georg, Mario and Thomas have become friends of mine....:lol:

Right, FINALLY I've got on here (had a problem with logging in then not being able to post etc).

What a bloomin' fantastic Threshold weekend myself and Cosmic had - I won't repeat what he's already said but it was so damn good I can't tell you. I had a request on Facebook to post a link up to a bit of videoing I did for 'Light and Space' - our vista on the top step at The Peel was ideal for this, it's a bit shakey with the zoom on max and me trying to keep still (very hard when you're watching Threshold I'm sure you'll agree), but there is a nice moment when Damian points to camera singing "I know you". I've never done two nights on the trot for any band (other than Cosmic's covers band of course!!), and I have to say I enjoyed every minute of both nights - I can't wait to see them again and hope we don't have to wait too long. It was great having the two perspectives but you can't beat being up front singing your heart out '-) Nice to see Terri & Co and glad you got to chat afterwards. Also nice to share the step with JIB & co and chat about our almost identical cameras :)) What always gives me a glow is how many familiar faces you see out in the prog scene supporting the acts - I love it.

Anyway, I could go on and on about my love for prog and live music, so here's the video link and if you're interested, click on the video below for half a Kyrbgrinder song from The Peel (camera went out of focus and I couldn't get it back for some reason so had to abort):

[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57269050"]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57269050[/ame]

Nice to see Terri & Co and glad you got to chat afterwards.

It was great to see you at the gig too CM :) I was hoping to see you at Cosmic's gig and compare notes, but thought they were playing tonight :( Sorry we missed it/you.
It was great to chat to Steve and Karl, but it was all too brief thanks to hubby deciding that he wanted to try to catch the 1am ferry from Portsmouth after all, even though I'd purposely booked the later one from Lymington so that we wouldn't have to rush away :mad::bah:. But like you said, hopefully we won't have long to wait to see Threshold play again and I'll get a chance to catch up properly then.