Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll
Jan 26, 2003
London, UK
www.forgottenglory.com
The German Gig - Zeche, Bochum, Germany
THRESHOLD HEADLINING
Support: Poverty's No Crime
18 January 2009

Anybody who will be attending this gig and will see Threshold and Poverty's No Crime please post your pictures, videos and reviews here for all to enjoy. Thanks!

Since this gig have been announced people have kept asking me either via this forum or PM what does PNC sound like and which album I would recommend to start with. I'm getting a bit tired of having to answer the same questions over and over again so I'm posting one of my answers here which hopefully should satisfy most queries:

I would say that Poverty's No Crime play melodic Progressive Metal. Their style is closer to Threshold than Dream Theater. What I like about PNC is their infectious melodies, long but melodic instrumental passages within their songs, unusual arrangements as well as their guitar solos which can appear in the places which you'd least expect them - which all makes for a fantastic listening experience.

I would recommend starting with 'One In A Million' which I think is their masterpiece. You can then work your way in either direction as ALL their albums are really good - just like Threshold! But don't go listening to PNC expecting to find Threshold because despite playing in the same genre, PNC is quite different to Threshold. Would be boring to have two PNCs or two Thresholds, I'm sure you'll agree.

Oh yeah, really looking forward to this gig. It will be the first time I see Threshold live! I'll try to snap a few pictures but I don't have a professional camera nor too much experience so don't expect anything.

Woah, I am way too excited (or maybe even obsessed?) when it comes to this gig. After having seen basically every single picture and video there is of the Dead Reckoning tour I still don't feel better, so I gotta ask a pointless question: what kind of merchandise will be available at the gig. CDs? DVDs? Shirts? Especially shirts, does the band have more variety at their gigs compoared to the selection of shirts on the website? Oh and also, do they sell other stuff like hoodies, patches, wristbands etc.? Finally, if anybody has already been to a gig in Germany of Threshold, what are the prices like?

Just 6 more days, yay!

what kind of merchandise will be available at the gig. CDs? DVDs? Shirts? Especially shirts, does the band have more variety at their gigs compoared to the selection of shirts on the website? Oh and also, do they sell other stuff like hoodies, patches, wristbands etc.?

Yes, they usually have more stuff at the gigs. At least, in the past they had hats, workshirts, stickers, posters, and other stuff.

Hello all, here's Astrid speaking to you from Threshold heaven. I think it will take a while before I'm landing back on earth, but by that time I will have 500 pictures edited, promise! I'm not putting them all up ofcourse, so don't worry :) The Bochum gig was absolutely brilliant and it looked like the band was having a wonderful time. I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with Poverty's No Crime (sorry FG!), I think they could do with a better singer, sorry guys!! I believe Threshold's setlist was about the same as in Zoetermeer, but they may have skipped one or two songs. The audience was quite loud, some amazing singers in there!!
I just want to thank the band again for treating me like family and for writing such nice things in my photoalbum (5 kisses from Johanne, woo-hoo!). Thanks a million!!
Photos will follow soon (Zoetermeer and Bochum).

xx Astrid

I have to admit I wasn't too impressed with Poverty's No Crime (sorry FG!), I think they could do with a better singer, sorry guys!!

I have never seen PNC live. I only know them from their studio recordings. The lead singer at the gig is not the same as on their records. He was a replacement for Volker Walsemann who is the original singer and was the rhythm guitar player at the gig. Volker had to step back from the mic because he seems to have been suffering from some health problem that prevents him from singing. Had Volker been singing I'm sure the proceedings would have been different as he is one hell of a singer with a unique voice.

For the record, PNC wrote to me today to say that they really enjoyed the gig and that they enjoyed the company of the Threshold guys who were all very nice to them. :headbang: I have also been informed that they won't be using that lead singer again. So there you go, you're not the only one who didn't like him! :lol:

I hope Volker will be able to sing again one day and that PNC gets to tour in the UK with Threshold so I can go to one of my dream gigs.

Really incredible pictures, Iris! I think you were standing next to me. Glad you enjoyed the gig!

Thank you Astrid, glad you like the pics. I remember you now, it's nice to be able to put faces to the names one sees in this forum :)

Great pictures Astrid. Some looked quite familiar, we must have taken them at the same time :)