Summer's End Festival - Post Your Pictures, Videos & Reviews Here

^ Sensible size means resized pictures. Even if you're linking directly from another site please resize your pictures so that they fit the forum without activating the horizontal scroll bar. Don't post or link to the massive originals. The take forever to download, break the structure of the forum and look horrible. There is no pleasure in scrolling up and down, sideways left to right to look at a picture.

Hi everyone, new on the forum. I photographed Threshold and Season's End tonight so as soon as I have converted the images you can see them on my website. I am a busy bee at the moment so it might not be for a few days. The gig was absolutely brilliant. Quite a strange location, being a tiny town hall, but so nice to be in such a relaxed atmostphere and speak to the guys. I was quite suprised at how many photographers there were there. So there should be lots of pictures for you to peruse if they get posted on here. Difficult to photograph though as the lighting was rather low. Oh and MASSIVE kudos and thumbs up to Johanne for drumming so tightly with an injured shoulder/arm. I have so much respect for him.

EDIT:

Okay, I couldn't wait. Just one picture! I see the rules up there for posting pictures, but obviously everyones screen is going to be a different size, so scrolling is probably likely with my images being 700x465 and as I only resize my images for my website you can see the picture here or you can go to my website and go to "Gallery > Music > Summers End Festival > Threshold" and then click on it.

Hope you like it. Let me know what you think. :)

Oh and all images on my website or posted by myself are © to me and may NOT be used in any shape or form without my permission.

^ Welcome again BL! Great shot of Damian. I suppose there is only one picture in the gallery at the moment as I can't see any other than Damian's pic. Oh and love the Threshold t-shirt! Is that the new logo now?

Woo hoo, welcome aboard BrokenLogic to one of the friendliest forums the web has to offer!

That picture of Damian is epic, I can't wait to see more!

The show yesterday was indeed very relaxed and intimate due to the venue's size. It had a very personal touch like the organiser had invited us personally to share the fun, which isn't too far from the truth!

The set list was fantastic with a few DW classics added such as Exposed, Part Of The Chaos and, my personal highlight of the year (and many others i suspect) Sanity's End!:worship:

Damian's interaction with the crowd was second to none, making us all laugh and proved once again what a fantastic frontman he really is.

I also had quick chat with Damian and Karl afterwards about the gig and found out some very exciting things about the next fanclub CD!

All in all I have to say that Threshold at Summer's End was simply superb and i'm proud to be fan! :headbang:

^ Welcome again BL! Great shot of Damian. I suppose there is only one picture in the gallery at the moment as I can't see any other than Damian's pic. Oh and love the Threshold t-shirt! Is that the new logo now?

Thanks forgottenglory. Yes, there's only one picture in there at the moment as I have lots of other bands photo sets to go through and get to them at the moment. I knew if I started processing too many of the Threshold ones now I'd never get the others done. The temptation was too great, even at 4am! Was such a long drive home! So worth it though!

All the guys seem so lovely, I wish I'd had more chance to chat to all of them properly. I spoke to Pete quite a lot as I have photographed him before in one of his other bands, so it was good to catch up. Stooey was bargaining my kisses away to Damian. A kiss on the cheek from me and Stooey could get his picture with him! How cheeky! Not that I mind *swoon* :oops:

Also, yes, I assume that is the new logo. I bought the same t-shirt that Damian has on. Not that *actual* one, I mean! :lol: The same design! I am going to wear it to DragonForce next week. :D

Are there beans to spill?

All I have is baked beans! I don't think you mean the same beans though. :lol: I'd like to know too what Stooey heard too. He probably told me in the car last night, but I was asleep. Luckily I wasn't at the wheel!

Damian's interaction with the crowd was second to none, making us all laugh and proved once again what a fantastic frontman he really is.

Although, I didn't quite understand him standing on that kid at the front! I think he was going for a stage dive, just didn't work out very well!

Last night's set-list:

Slipstream
Pressure
Falling Away
Mission Profile
Part of the Chaos
Long Way Home
Opium
Hollow
Exposed
Pilot in the Sky of Dreams
Light and Space
Fragmentation
Sanity's End
This is Your Life

I'm not 100% positive of the running order, yet this is all the songs they played...I think lol. The missus and I were situated a few rows back so had a decent view, and we had a great time. Unfortunately, we didn't take any decent pictures.

Great night, despite a few minor electrical gliches. The venue was better than I expected being a town hall, I managed to get pretty close to the stage and too close to the speaker, now have ringing in my left ear !!.

Sadly can't make Poole but plans are afoot to travel to Zoetermeer again next year.

I apologise to anyone I may have bumped into whilst running around to get pictures. I am clumsy and have no spacial awareness!

It does annoy me that photographers think they have a god given right to barge in front of you then stick a camera between you and the band. There was one chap last night pushed in front of me took a few photos on a big camera he had hanging round his neck then stayed put for two songs before leaving. Luckily he was shorter than me but still annoying.

It does annoy me that photographers think they have a god given right to barge in front of you then stick a camera between you and the band. There was one chap last night pushed in front of me took a few photos on a big camera he had hanging round his neck then stayed put for two songs before leaving. Luckily he was shorter than me but still annoying.

I happen to agree and actually try to do the opposite to what most other photographers do. In fact I was discussing it with a few chaps at the front before Threshold started playing. I went up to them and asked them if it would be ok for me to pop in between them for a couple of songs to get some shots and luckily a couple of them were already photographers and completely understood and obliged. We were talking about how rude some photographers are expecting that fans will move out of their way so they can get a shot. Personally I move around and am constantly saying "Thanks" "Excuse me" "Sorry, could I just pop past please" or "is it ok if i just get a couple of pictures and then I'll be out of your way?" because I don't think it's right that in that type of venue photographers expect that they are more important. I am clumsy as I said, but will always apologise if I have realised I have bumped into someone. In bigger venues there is a photographer's pit and most of the time they are there working too so you can't be too annoyed at them. Usually if I get into a small venue to photograph a band and am not being paid for it I try to be as quick as I can and the least intrusive, because the fans have PAID to see the band, not the back of your head. If I am being paid for it or have been asked there by the band I'll always try and get to the front first and let the fans know that I am working. I think all it takes is a please and thank you and a bit of understanding, which some photographers seem not to have. What are other people's thoughts? (Sorry if I have started a discussion that should have it's own seperate thread :S I'm not sure how it works on this one, some forums are picky about staying to topic subject.)

Bloody photographers :p
oi! :p

Great show, though it doesn't quite feel like a Threshold gig without Anupam down the front of the crowd. I just wanted to know if they played anything after Sanity's End as I left after that song to catch a train, though PMG might have answered my question already (BTW, they also played Destruction of Words, somewhere near the end I think).

I also wondered if Damien's joke about the Scottish was a sly dig at is predecessor (who also happened to be his successor once but that's a whole other thread).

Great show, though it doesn't quite feel like a Threshold gig without Anupam down the front of the crowd. I just wanted to know if they played anything after Sanity's End as I left after that song to catch a train, though PMG might have answered my question already (BTW, they also played Destruction of Words, somewhere near the end I think).

I also wondered if Damien's joke about the Scottish was a sly dig at is predecessor (who also happened to be his successor once but that's a whole other thread).

I don't remember them playing TDOW, although to be honest, I wasn't keeping track of the songs towards the end due to alcohol consumption. :rolleyes:

By the way, Mac is English (a Geordie).

A McDermott, not a McDiarmid...

although both spring from the McDermotts of Connacht in Ireland that migrated east into the Strathclyde area and beyond. Dermott tends to be used in Ireland and non Gaelic Scotland (and England) where Diarmid is maintained in gaelic Scotland. Not that the latter exists today.

Sorry, what was that earlier post about staying on topic?

Originally posted by ProgMetalGod
By the way, Mac is English (a Geordie)
Originally posted by BurningDownTheMiddle
A McDermott, not a McDiarmid...

although both spring from the McDermotts of Connacht in Ireland that migrated east into the Strathclyde area and beyond. Dermott tends to be used in Ireland and non Gaelic Scotland (and England) where Diarmid is maintained in gaelic Scotland. Not that the latter exists today.

Sorry, what was that earlier post about staying on topic?

And now I look stupid. :cry: :erk: :mad: I shouldn't allow myself to be misled by men in kilts.