Essential Grindcore

TheBahggs

WAT
Feb 21, 2008
Waterford, MI
Im a tremendous grindcore fan and I was wondering what others thought about what the "essential" bands and albums of this genre are. I am already aware of such classic bands as Napalm Death, Carcass and Extreme Noise Terror.

1427759.jpg

Dying Fetus.

Get Killing on Adrenaline and Destroy The Opposition.

Not grind.

Aside from the aforementioned bands:
Dropdead
Black Army Jacket
Weekend Nachos
Charles Bronson
Fuck on the Beach
Magrundergrind
Spazz
Capitalist Casualties
Captain Cleanoff
Skarp
Unholy Grave
Birdflesh
Agathocles (Nasum clones)
Rotten Sound (deathgrind)
Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation (deathgrind)
Anaal Nathrakh (blackgrind)
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Yacopsae
Cyness
Genghis Tron (cybergrind)
Gigantic Brain (cybergrind)
The Berzerker (cybergrind)

Also, pretty much anything on To Live A Lie Records.

And for the record, this should be in Non-Metal because Grindcore=Punk.

The new Flagitious Idiosyncrasy album doesn't sound like deathgrind from samples. Yes, they have an actual ALBUM out, and on Bizarre Leprous Prod. to boot.

Check out the new Gridlink album. :)

The new Flagitious Idiosyncrasy album doesn't sound like deathgrind from samples. Yes, they have an actual ALBUM out, and on Bizarre Leprous Prod. to boot.

Check out the new Gridlink album. :)

Well, I haven't really been able to listen to their full length yet. I don't know if they're deathgrind per se, but they arn't just strait up grind really.

Also check out Cripple Bastards, Krupskaya, and Mesrine.

EDIT:
Lol at me, "STRAIT"

They're definitely a little off-kilter in more ways than one but the couple songs I heard from the LP (which I'm gonna buy, probably soon) were straight grind sounding.

I don't know, they are pretty straight forward grind, but some of their songs just feel a bit different to me. I was going to buy the new Gridlink as soon as payday rolls around actually. I've heard good things. And I still have to get my hands on This Comp Kills Fascists.

Yeah I want it too but it's only like 10 minutes long :erk: Not really on topic here but if anyone remembers the Relapse Slimewave 7" series (of which I only have the Cripple Bastards/SCD original blue/white marble EP :(), they're doing a CD comp of everything on all the 7" EPs PLUS extra songs. WILL BUY!

DRI's first two albums (although technically not grindcore) is essential listening for any grindcore fan.

Also, check out some powerviolence like Man is the Bastard, Capitalist Casualties and The Endless Blockade.