ETG REDUX - opinions?

evilematt

Captain Information
Jan 2, 2006
huddersfield UK
www.evile.co.uk
Ey ups, just wondering what those who got the redux think of it? say as much or as little as you want, be in depth or not, speak your mind!

I for one am quite happy with it, and i was against the re-release at the beginning as i'm not a big fan of them, but because we were able to have a lot of say into what goes on it i was happy with it being made and i think its come out pretty well. only problem i have is the thrasher video wasn't ready in time to go onto the disc as a nice looking HD extra or something.....

discuss!

I like it very much. The Rehearsals are brilliant, but im upset ones interupted a bit by live stuff. Its recorded really well the rehearsal is. Slo-mo moshing :lol:

Did Alan also record the 7" demos that are included on the redux?

It looks very fucking smart with the slip case, the bonus demos were really good, I haven't got round to the DVD at all yet, the pick and patch are nice extras... A new album next time though! :p

i think its a great package. i enjoy watching the dvd a lot cos it shows a more personal side to you guys in evile like when your talking about touring with megadeth an twating about throwing snow balls at each other lol. its a shame the vid for thrasher wasn't ready to go on the dvd cos that would have finished it off perfectly but its still a great re-issue

I think the redux is amazing lets start from the top
the slip case is awesome and looks soo cool
the pick is really cool, especially as i got matts one with the aliens quote on it
the patch is also good, need to get a jacket for my patches soon
the extra tracks are really good as it gave something to the fans they havent heard before and the ETG demo shows how much you have advanced in such a short time
the DVD: where to start this thing rules, not only do u play the whole album in rehersals which is really good, plus a very funny ending to ETG
it also shows the fun side of evile, from snowball fightin, ol playing a solo on an umbrella, mikes fav quote, pissing about on the vocal recordings
the interviews with you guys are cool as we get to see how u feel about evile
and the live footage was really good, just wish there was more, as you have these recorded does it mean u have a whole show recorded? if so any chance of releasing it all
the thrasher video would have topped it off, or a poster
but for a tenner im not complaining one bit its an amazing deal and im well happy

Its fucking shite, Matt you disappointed me!!

.... Sorry I couldn't keep a straight face! :lol: its fucking spectacular mate, well done. DVD is off though, th scene select options and stuff are all gay and odd. Minor gripe though, remind me to buy you a beer and a cheap slag next time I see ya.

apart from the pics its totally ace! when we left for the last tour digby gave us 1000 matt picks.I thought i was sorted for pics to use .wrong! dam you digby you slap head.

Ive got this theroy that if you use megadeth or flotsam and jetsam pic's (as in from the band) you can write more amazing riffs, but i think the reverse would happen with the 000001.mm evile pics!i was giving them out to people after shows tho.

shaba!

hope you didn't actually use them, they're not the best quality plectrums....

Thats not true, I've used the Old Rake one I got with my redux and its fine haha. In fact its one of the better picks I own!

Too true though, that I was disappointed when I found out that using Ol's pick wouldn't make me shred the sol oto Thrasher effortlessly :lol:

I got mine today in the mail. The album is awesome, I knew that but DVD could have been somehow organized like live, rehearsal & interviews to different sections, not just all slapped behind each other. Would be easier to get back to something, without going thru full DVD. Now Im just waiting for Finland gig :worship: