Opinion on Infected Nations, why do you guy think?

bummer! thats fucking cool its sold out though. but bummer you cant go now.
Yeah well I was gonna go see Motörhead instead and that sold out before I had money for it so then I had money for Amon/Evile but yeah that was already sold out as I'd had the money.. Sucks to be unemployeed...

But when do we see Evile having its first headline gig in (Tampere,) Finland?

First listen was like "FUCK, need more". There was no feeling of it being a grower, first listen I was hooked. It's a similar feeling to my first time hearing Ride the Lightning. Some albums just give a hugely epic vibe, and Infected Nations does that for me. Gave me goosebumps. After a few more listens it got even better, picked up a few things here and there that I didn't notice the first time.

This. Exactly this. Except for me, my brain asploded as well.:zombie:

Clearly I deserve most props for promo-ing my arse off for you lot as well as keeping tabs on facebook/myspace/twitter.

Bow down before my awesomeness.

;) I jest. But yeah, thank me too if yr handing them out there Matt! haha

Like the adage goes...'Credit where credit is due'. I've been listening to Infected Nations SOLID over the weekend and most of this week too...

If this is the quality of Evile's second album, I can only hope they will still be around and get the breaks they deserve, to be entering the studio for their 9th studio album in the next 14 years just like Metallica!

Without sounding like I'm taking anything away from Evile (I'm not) but since I've been listening to Metal since the early 80's the thing that most of us 'Metallers' pick up on, are new bands that remind us of either styles or genre's that have faded slightly or have changed somewhat over the years.

I think it was clear who were the influences that have helped shape Evile to the band they are from the sound of their first album, and now with Infected Nations, I honestly get a 'Metallica' vibe, with a bit of Slayer and even in parts some Fear Factory. Not that this takes anything away from the band, we are all fans, and with Metal, we all have bands that mean something to us that when we can pick up on these threads within new bands, it makes us even more happy that the music, however it lives, lives on anew.

So be it that Evile reminds me of the early great Thrash bands, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax etc....the music is all 'Evile' I'm just pleased that an accomplished band like Evile have made it onto the scene to 'kick start' the new Thrash generation, and they have done it well!

Not one bad song on the entire album for me, and if truth be known, if I was comparing it to a Metallica album, this might be their second album, but the songs on it put this album up there with the mighty third Metallica album for me - Master of Puppets!

Well done lads! Keep it together for us the fans (we'll support you!)

A most pleased Northumbrian Metaller! (Northerners Rock!) :kickass:

Aside from this:

Effected Nations

Good point, well made!

Aside from my first listen, I've not found the time to sit and listen to it through in one go, but I've had it on in the car and I'm enjoying it more. Seems to me that I enjoy it more as the songs become more familiar, much as I did with Metallica's St. Anger and Slipknot's Subliminal Verses. Not that this album shares much musically with either of those. Current favourites are Metamorphosis and Hundred Wrathful Dieties (I'm a sucker for instrumentals).

By the way, what the hell does "Nosophoros" mean and how did that come to be a song title?

Ok. now that I finally have the album I can post my thoughts.

Matt, great improvement in the vocals, were you listening to nevermore when you were working on this, because the melodies remind me of them, oh and something i didn't expect, was that i'm starting a little alice in chains in the vocal harmony, it's very interesting to hear.

Ol, genius as always, although your sense of harmony confuses the hell out of me. what the hell it sounds dense as all blackend death and lamentation.

Mike, glad to hear you in the mix better this time around.

Ben, much more creative this time around, i like i like.

ultimately it's the same ingredients as ETG but matured like a good wine, or a fine scotch. it reminds me alot of the shift from Kill Em All to Ride The Lightning. my comparisons to metallica end there.

my only complaint is in the cover art. the EVILE logo is very obviously pixelated, that needs to be smothed out.

other than that it's a great record, Posibly even classic. more like this one.

Ok. now that I finally have the album I can post my thoughts.

Matt, great improvement in the vocals, were you listening to nevermore when you were working on this, because the melodies remind me of them, oh and something i didn't expect, was that i'm starting a little alice in chains in the vocal harmony, it's very interesting to hear.

Ol, genius as always, although your sense of harmony confuses the hell out of me. what the hell it sounds dense as all blackend death and lamentation.

Mike, glad to hear you in the mix better this time around.

Ben, much more creative this time around, i like i like.

ultimately it's the same ingredients as ETG but matured like a good wine, or a fine scotch. it reminds me alot of the shift from Kill Em All to Ride The Lightning. my comparisons to metallica end there.

my only complaint is in the cover art. the EVILE logo is very obviously pixelated, that needs to be smothed out.

other than that it's a great record, Posibly even classic. more like this one.

the only pixilation is where it has been merged with the actual artwork, get a grip man, i love art and i couldnt care less if what about 200 give or take 20 pixels have been distorted. it looks fucking amazing and that's all that matters.

To be fair, i was looking for something to gripe about. nonetheless, i stand behind my statement. that being said, the cover is genius.