How did YOU find Evile?

MetallicSlayerDeth

Staring into your soul...
Sep 1, 2009
Sweden
Well since all these newbies are telling us how they ended up here:lol:

I was just goin around checking out youtube, when one of my subscriptions posted a vid of how to play Thrasher. I ignored it cuz I was stupid enough at the time to think every thrash band outside the big 4 sucked.

Then A while later the same guy posted a video kinda promoting Evile and their youtube channel. I was like "What the hell, I'll check em out, but they probably suck"

I checked out thrasher and I thought the intro was kinda cool but nothing special. I would have turned it off if it wasn't for they way you banged your head and acted all crazy. When Matts voice finally kicked in, I was hooked for the rest of the song. I checked out "We who are about to die" and saw some vids of the band acting funny in the studio and downloaded ETG.

ETG was so awezome I decided to buy it, and when IN came out I of course bought it too.

I joined the forum and found some fellow metalheads which are not in existens were I live.

This made me open my eyes to the world of thrash for real, and a few months later, I'm into loads of awezome thrash bands.

I have a mate in UK, was talknig with him about Xentrix and he mentioned about this new thrash band from UK he had just heard about and linked me a youtube vid of thrasher.

I was watching Slayer play Raining Blood live and someone had done a comment along the lines of "OMG IF YOU LIKE THIS THEN CHECK OUT EVILE!!!1111!!1!"
So for some reason I listened to him and it was a good thing :)

Rock Band.
I bought the Earache pack when it came out. Thrasher being the first one I tried.:lol:

As soon as the riff after the intro kicked in I was hooked. :D

I was on a forum that Ol was on back in 2006 (dont worry i wont say what forum). And somebody started a thread to show your guitar playing n shit. Or maybe Ol started it. But it was a video of him recording the solo for Thrasher on the Hell Demo, i noticed how the soloing was a spot on Jeff Waters styled solo, so i checked out the myspace and was hooked. Pretty much that simple. Then Ol forwarded me to the whole UK Thrash scene in a time when it was in its prime.

I remember trying to sign up to the old forum but it was arsed and wouldnt verify, but this place opened up a few months later when ETG was coming out.

This cat called jaaaaaameees who got me into metal lent me megadeths discography and after i was liek MOAR PLEX! and he lent me metallica - kill em all and evile - enter the grave and i listened to all of enter the grave twice i was so immensely impressed. then i put metallica in, listened to one track and got bored and listened to enter the grave again.

Boring, thats how I found Evile

Nah only joking

I was lucky enough to be channel hopping and I came across Evile on a battle of the bands thing on SKY, just the same as how vMETALLICAv said how he came across them

I was wondering what the shit Flemming Rasmussen was doing these days, so I looked at him on Wikipedia, found out he produced Evile's album, so I decided to check out who Evile were.

At first I was like "meh, they're nothing really special"
Then I kept listening to them
And kept listening to them
and so on
and so on

Now here I am, my life consumed by the Evile message boards.

I was sick of emocore bullshit and wanted to start a thrash band. I figured I couldn't be the only one who thought this way, so I did a myspace search for bands who were influenced by Megadeth. I found a bunch of other good 'uns that way. Mutant, Pitiful Reign, Mass Extinction, Havok, Warbringer, et, al.

They added me on myspace around the time they got signed, but I didn't listen to them until some people from a messageboard I was on started talking about them. So I checked em out and liked what I heard.

RockWorld TV when they were playing Thrasher in the middle of a boxing ring.

I think it's safe to say that Thrasher is the song that got most people into Evile.

was helping a guy i know move house and he had the all hallows eve demo *this was a few months before enter the grave came out* he put on the demo on his car stereo when we were traveling to and from his flat and his new house. i loved it. he said the new album is being released in a few months and flemming rasmussen.

i bought it the day it came out and i fell in love

When I heard this band made a song about Rambo, I had to check them out. Luckily I like thrash and was looking for some fresh blood bands to get into, and Evile fit the criteria decently.

Well I was bored and out of music one day and asked Ol to start a band and yeah that's basically what's the happy-haps. :cool:

On a more serious note; I have no bloody clue. I reckon on the Megadeth forums when their ETG hype started.