Europe breeds...

Man, metal breeds immortal all around the fuckin'place..u know?...Not so sure Sweden is the only place..Said that, some Swedish music is so fine..

Yes I know that there's kick-ass metal bands from everywhere, but I'm just saying that Europe is known for "euro-pop", but there's a hell of alot more metal bands that hail from europe than shitass "popstars".

My point was that......goddamnit I lost my point...fuck it.:( :mad:

Ah well, europe breeds the best metal, say what you want, that's my opinion and probably thousands of others as well. :D

Hey, guess I could not change your opinion even if i wanted to..
Hell probably i think that bands from Europe are awsome too, metal and other....It makes sense that honest music breeds in Europe, the soil is so fertile..:)... let alone the weeds..
I dunno about u but sometimes i just wonder where did all the vikings go..Not being sarcastic just fuckin'sad....
One of my dreams is that there is this great band from Iceland that noone will ever listen to but everyone would love..Guess now i'm a little sarcastic...:lol:

Many european countries like Sweden and Germany and Finland have very tolerant and open-minded music listeners and music journalism in my experience. This means that bands who try something different and challenging aren't put down and discouraged from doing so. This is conducive to good extreme and diverse metal.

It's the opposite in the UK where you have to play some kind of mindless generic bone-head metal to get any kind of acclaim. That's why we produce such uninspiring and predictable metal acts in the underground/extreme scene!!!

(Personal issues in here, sorry)

I agree totally with the original statement.

I could name my favourite uk and us bands on my hands:
Bal-Sagoth, Maiden, ND, Discordance Axis, Brutal Truth, Cryptopsy, Devin all spring to mind

The list of continental European bands I like on the other hand is virtually endless.
Quality coming out of every pore....

Reasons for this I think include Veil the Sky's point about a liberal music press allowing freedom of creativity.
Also I think it is attributable to those long Scandinavian winter nights with nothing to do but practice!

i agree...europe has the best metal by far...and sweden is the best place in europe. i've noticed out of the 3 main nordic countries(finland, sweden,norway) the farther west you get the more evil the music seems to get...tends to run fairly true LOL.