european tour 2008!

Just got back from the Bristol gig. Unbe-fucking-lievable! Awesome stuff indeed. Shame Cynic only had a 4 song set (The Space For This, Evolutionary Sleeper, Veil Of Maya, Adam's Murmur, actually could've been 5 not sure if they played Integral Birth or not, well actually you could say they played a 6 song set as they played Nunc Fluens at the beginning).

Opeth were on tip-top form, very good gig indeed.

I believe the setlist was (not sure about the order):
Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Godhead's Lament
The Lotus Eater
Hope Leaves
Deliverance
Demon Of The Fall
ENCORE:
The Drapery Falls

Awesome stuff.

Yup, that was pretty damn good :D. Shame they had to cut Bleak but apart from that, top stuff.

Mikael played a little guitar bit, and then sang a bit and then asked us what it was. The reply was mainly 'erm?' and his response was 'It was Judas Priest, you cunts'. That was quite a good moment :D.

We missed both supports because some stupid people died on the motorway... idiots! But we arrived just in time, like 5 minutes before Opeth came on! Great night... but as Mike said... smelt quite dungy... what was that all about?! lol

Yup, that was pretty damn good :D. Shame they had to cut Bleak but apart from that, top stuff.

Mikael played a little guitar bit, and then sang a bit and then asked us what it was. The reply was mainly 'erm?' and his response was 'It was Judas Priest, you cunts'. That was quite a good moment :D.

yeah. i was just pissed off they cut cynic's set so short... why not just cut Ocean to like one song? because come on, let's face it, we all knew they were pretty gash.

I hate to complain but I thought the sound mixing for Opeth was pretty awful - really messy, snare sounded horrible, vocals didn't sound right either. Probably just shitty Carling Academy acoustics...

other than that it was king.

What the fuck is wrong with you ?

:mad:

Being English maybe? You tell me! :erk: :p

Oh, and the idiots in question may not have died, they may have just been injured, (maybe they can get lobotomies or something whilst they're in hospital) so all is rosy and wonderful in the South West this morning! Maybe.

I hate to complain but I thought the sound mixing for Opeth was pretty awful - really messy, snare sounded horrible, vocals didn't sound right either. Probably just shitty Carling Academy acoustics...

other than that it was king.

Yeah, Hope Leaves sounded pretty bizarre for some reason... sounded like there was a lot of improvisation at the end too!

Being English maybe? You tell me! :erk: :p

Oh, and the idiots in question may not have died, they may have just been injured, (maybe they can get lobotomies or something whilst they're in hospital) so all is rosy and wonderful in the South West this morning! Maybe.

Yeah, Hope Leaves sounded pretty bizarre for some reason... sounded like there was a lot of improvisation at the end too!

Yeah, you've got to respect Akesson for coming in and doing such a good job, but If I'm honest he doesn't have a lot of subtlety... shredding to Hope Leaves just doesn't sound... right, somehow.

^^^^

Agreed. I thought his solo at the end of Hope Leaves was extremely tasty..the complete opposite of shred in fact...

^^^^

Agreed. I thought his solo at the end of Hope Leaves was extremely tasty..the complete opposite of shred in fact...

it wasn't shred in it's literal sense. it was just a generic sounding metal solo. IMO it just didn't suit the song particularly.

it wasn't shred in it's literal sense. it was just a generic sounding metal solo. IMO it just didn't suit the song particularly.

I guess that's the beauty of music or any type of art...we all hear or see things differently..to me, that solo had more in common with Dave Gilmour with the type of bends Fred played. Anyways, still a killer gig!

I guess that's the beauty of music or any type of art...we all hear or see things differently..to me, that solo had more in common with Dave Gilmour with the type of bends Fred played. Anyways, still a killer gig!

Yep. Agreed... It wasn't a horrible sounding solo by any stretch of the imagination, just not my cup of tea.

I just hope they have a more imaginative setlist on their next UK tour.

Apparently there is no curfew for tonights Manchester gig (don't know if it's true or not) so those lucky sods going there might get a slightly longer set. If I had known that earlier I would have planned to go there aswell.

Same set in Notts, except Bleak was cut for curfew reasons.

Hessian Peel and The Moor would absolutely SLAY!! Will there be a 2nd leg UK tour next year???