european tour: reviews, comments, questions

best i can do, sorry. :s

originally posted by silentjohan
now I'm back home and my neck is still sore. What a wonderful gig the guys gave us!

I was there pretty early with a friend(note:we traveled across the whole country to see them) and I did see all the bands. A couple of minutes before Griffin entered the stage the DT guys walked right across the room and nobody saw them. I just stood like a lunatic smiling at them...Stanne saw me and said hello.

I met Sunjammer and I hung out with him and my friend all evening. Griffin was okey, but Sinergy wasn't my cup of tea.
I thought Griffin was from Germany or something but then the singer spoke swedish. After a while the guitarrist said something that sounded like no language known to man so I guess he wasn't swedish. Me and Sunjammer came to the conclusion that some of them were from Germany and some of them were from Sweden and every now and then they meet in Denmark to rehearse. Anyway; We just stood by the bar during the support acts and waited for DT.

When DT came out it felt like I was under hypnosis or something. They opened up with "The Sun fired blanks", but they had an intro that I've never heard before. It had a great effect with alot of power.
After TSFB I think they played White noise/Black silence and was great live..Those heavy riffs works out great live. I'm having trouble remembering the setlist so I'm gonna choose my fav. moments.

These are the songs they played but not in the correct order:

From Damage done:
Final Resistance
Hours passed in exile
Monochromatic stains
Single part of two
The Treason wall
Damage done
White noise/Black silence

From Haven:
The Wonders at your feet
Not built to last
Indifferent suns
Haven

From Projector:
Therein
The Sun fired blanks

From The Mind's I:
Zoodiackyl light
Hedon

From The Gallery:
Punish my heaven
Lethe
(A total of 17 songs)
Sadly, but not surprisingly, the played nothing from neither Skydancer nor ...Of chaos and eternal night.

"Punish my heaven" was great not only because it's an awesome song but because I screamed for like a maniac.. I heard Niklas play a guitar part from it just to check his guitar so I knew what was coming. So, like I was under hypnosis, I started screaming "Punish my heaven!Punish my heaven!". Stanne looked at me and smiled but the thing is I didn't stop to scream until Sunjammer told me that he thought they've gotten the message by now. I felt a bit dumb, but dumb as I am I quickly forgot about it.

The best song on the entire gig was Final Resistance...I don't know why but it got my adreneline pumping like I was about to blow.

I have to get some sleep now...to rest my weary body

Thanks Sunjammer for your company...Was it a cosy ride home?
Nice to see you there storken!

Thank you Dark Tranquillity for making the trip well-worth it!

rahvin.

Hmmm... the gig in Gothenburg was great, a few mishaps, wich where handled good by the band (the light went of at a point and they kept playing as if nothing had happened... :) Mikael even got a flashlamp to lighten up the guitars for the others. That didn´t help them much I recon...:lol: ). Anyways, just wanted to tell you all about this video it has been rumoured about, the one with Mikael singing in Hammerfall. It does exist, Mikael said it himself... Really, his gf told me too (she also said noone where ever to see it :lol: ). I´ve been wondering about this for a time, and well, now you know too...:D (and if you allready did, well, to bad...:p )

-phyros (setlist was... the same...)

Hej SilentJohan, it's really cool how.. close they are, innit?

More pics!! :D Yay

@Phyros: You would expect that, when they play in GOTHENBURG that everything would be allright, no? :rolleyes: Ah well.. Too bad.

Originally posted by Phyros
Hmmm... the gig in Gothenburg was great, a few mishaps, wich where handled good by the band (the light went of at a point and they kept playing as if nothing had happened... :) Mikael even got a flashlamp to lighten up the guitars for the others. That didn´t help them much I recon...:lol: ). Anyways, just wanted to tell you all about this video it has been rumoured about, the one with Mikael singing in Hammerfall. It does exist, Mikael said it himself... Really, his gf told me too (she also said noone where ever to see it :lol: ). I´ve been wondering about this for a time, and well, now you know too...:D (and if you allready did, well, to bad...:p )

-phyros (setlist was... the same...)

Mikael said I would see it...later. I think he was lying :)

This must be the only pic of Martin I've ever seen with his eyes open. :lol: ;)
pb137556.jpg

Originally posted by At The Gates
Mikael said I would see it...later. I think he was lying :)

:lol: Yeah, he said it was upto the Hammerfall members to show it to ppl...:D But a little peak in a closed room without recording equipment, is that to much to ask for? Or is he ashamed? ;) :lol:

-phyros (studying)

Originally posted by Ormir
This must be the only pic of Martin I've ever seen with his eyes open.
Well, I think in the TheWondersAtYourFeet-video (which you sent me :worship:.. ;) ) He sort-of-smiles-a-very-tiny-little-bit..
At 00:53... Check it out :)

(Maybe just a Martin-sort-of-my-mouth-is-sort-of-twisted-smile, but hey, still a smile :p)(Eyes not very open though, looking doing at his guitar..)

:worship: DT

;)
Cheers

Originally posted by The Grand Wazoo
Well, I think in the TheWondersAtYourFeet-video (which you sent me :worship:.. ;) ) He sort-of-smiles-a-very-tiny-little-bit..
At 00:53... Check it out :)

(Maybe just a Martin-sort-of-my-mouth-is-sort-of-twisted-smile, but hey, still a smile :p)(Eyes not very open though, looking doing at his guitar..)

Cheers
No, I'm pretty sure that is a frown. :p

I just saw DT a few nights ago in Tampa,Fl. Now i'd heard them a few times, but they blew my mind. Anyway can someone tell me what song they opened with? They didn't announce the title and i really liked it. Also what album is it on?

Don't count on it, I'd say.
They already got:
Iron Maiden (bah)
Alice Cooper (!)
Within Temptation (is okay.. :/)
Stone Sour
Anthrax (Yay......'hem)
Arch Enemy (mwah, can be cool)
Murderdolls
Lacuna Cool
Hatebreed
Six Feet Under
Prong
And Sick of it All

The other day:
Type O Negative
Stratovarius
Sepultura
Over Kill
Opeth (a shame they play this day, I'd really like to see them)
Samael

Too much Power Metal-like-voices (gay voices, bah) for me, I will not be there. So, I hope DT will not play there, otherwise I might just regret not going. :p Nooo..

LOL

noooooo they have to come..this my first real metal festival..went to softer things other years..and it would be super if they got there

"Opeth (a shame they play this day, I'd really like to see them) "

does that means you go the other day?
where are you from?