european tour: reviews, comments, questions

I also saw the DT gig in Vienna yesterday. And it was the fucking best show I've ever seen!!! And they were not simply "not bad" but brilliant!!! Mikael has such a great stage presence! And I thought it was an advantage that only 2/3 of the venue were filled. I hate overcrowded and packed venues where you can hardly move or breathe (see In Flames concert).

Anyway, I got the chance to take two photos of Mikael and me! :D He also signed my "Damage Done" booklet. Plus I got to talk to him thrice that evening. I also talked to Martin. So, all in all, that was easily the best evening I've had for a long time!

One little detail: me and my girlfriend were the only ones to wear the home-made Niklas "Damage Done" T-shirts. No wonder when they were limited to 100 only. Martin wore the same shirt on stage.

Thank you so much, Dark Tranquillity!!! :D

@mindflesh: servus! :)
Vanitas played as local band (dark metal, or so.... in fact, I don't know what they play or what it's supposed to be :loco: ), then Griffin (indeed power metal.... but with bearable normal vocals, but still not so much of my kind ... typical we-are-the-saviours-of-metal-acting :) )
after them sinergy and then Dark Tranquillity.

I havn't looked at the playing time, but I had the feeling DT had the same playing time as sinergy and Griffin had only a bit less... hm, maybe that's just the impression one inevitably has when the best part of the evening is not of his/her likes *shrugs* I definitely would have wanted more of DT

@SomberSoul: Good to hear you had fun! Why don't you post much on the forum btw? You were quite active on the ezboard, but don't post much over here.

ok, as announced by rahvin this morning... here you are ;)

rahvin_post.jpg
niklas_post.jpg

please, notice rahvin's ecstatic look and niklas' flame-shaped hair (he reminds me of a super sayan :p ) be honest: aren't they cute? :)
more pics coming soon (gotta edit them a bit, first)

/rei (my preciousssss)

somebody kindly suggested me to post a pic of a super sayan for those who didn't understand what i was talking about. so, here it is :D

dbz019.jpg

well, niklas is a bit funny in that pic. you, dwf, look far more rugged than you are in reality, with all that stubble on your chin :)

h

Originally posted by Rei Toei

please, notice rahvin's ecstatic look and niklas' flame-shaped hair (he reminds me of a super sayan :p ) be honest: aren't they cute? :)
more pics coming soon (gotta edit them a bit, first)

/rei (my preciousssss)

Ahahahhahahahaha!!!
Rahve is so handsome in this pic;)well, handsome is not correct: he's "kawai", cute, like a smiling plush!:))

Originally posted by Ormir
@SomberSoul: Good to hear you had fun! Why don't you post much on the forum btw? You were quite active on the ezboard, but don't post much over here.

Well, Ormir, I generally don't post much on UM these days. But I do try to keep up-to-date by reading the latest threads. So, of course, I appreciate my favourite band's forum. :) Perhaps I had more time during the EzBoard days. ;) But I'm sure as hell around, even if I don't post that often anymore.

A big "hi" to Atlantis! Long time, no see! :)

ok heres dark tranquillity live in nürnberg 1.12.02:

griffin started with a good song/dont know the name but it was good).for a norwegian band they looked really normal(no corpsepaint,no viking beards and the singer even had a shaved head) and they played good.nice trash/heavy metal,the guitarists banged all time and the singer acted good.
for that that I hearded them the 1. time they did a good job
next band sinergy.first with a cool classical intro.
good stageacting,kimberly is a really good frontwomen,talked to the people.made jokes
good show,good band
and now the band for everyone here was waiting for:DT
I was standing in the front on the left just before niklas and wacthed his marvelous guitar solos
an electronic intro and they entered the stage with the sun fired blanks
setlist:
the sun fired blanks
white noise/black silence
punish my haven
haven
monochromatic stains
the wonders @ your feet
hedon
thereIn(surprise,the 1. time I heard it live,good clean vocals)
indifferent suns
hours passed in exile
the treason wall
not built to last

encores:
lethe(killer,this song live is great)
zodijackyl-light
final resistance
perfect gig from the perfect band,mikeal jumped around and smiled during thw whole gig,the others banged like hell (cool that niklas has long hair now again)
and shaked hands with the fans at the end and mikael signed my cds

always fun to see this band

hm, I guess it was about the same setlist as in vienna... but I could have sworn it was Auctioned they played instead of ThereIn, cos that's the only song that kept stuck immediately in my head from the older albums (older = before Haven and Damage Done)...
but I'm an ignorant as all know :)

auctioned?????really?that song just with clean vocals???
it was ThereIn in nürnberg
I was really surprised that they played that song because normaly they just play the sun fired blanks and UndoControl from the projector album