European tour with Slipknot

That interview was no shocker to me. Has anyone ever read some of their past interviews, especially with Clown? They have always boasted crap like this with every album. They always say they're the heaviest, hard-hitting band ever. It's just typical bullshit mask wearing hype. They're tons of bands that can own Slipknot's balls any day of the week. Pay no mind to a bunch of mask wearing 40-year-old freaks. Just laugh if off! :lol:

::shakes head at the interview::

As far as Matt Heafy, he wasn't always that way. He was a lot more humble when Ascendancy came out.

Once I read an interview with him and he said something like "I don't care what people think of us, Maiden and Metallica think we're good". Not his exact words but it was something along the lines. That made me laugh

I was ignoring his bullshit until this part:

"No one has done what we have done," he added. "This is a war, man. The shit that we do, nine guys trying to fucking write together, and keep this insanity going? Does anybody take the time to realize that? For me, this is like going to Vietnam, serving your tour and then the government asking you to do another tour because you're a badass. We've got 10 purple hearts, and we're fucking killers. This isn't your rock and roll; this is our rock and roll."

:lol: No it's not. Why don't you try joining the army and going to Iraq? See how badass you are Mr. Clown. Seriously :lol: His band, I will admit, are good, not my taste, but they're good. I don't think they have earned half the shit this guy claimed however, and on top of that, he makes it sound like they're doing great things, instead of just fueling teeny-boppers angst with their music, which is the reality.

As far as Matt Heafy, he wasn't always that way. He was a lot more humble when Ascendancy came out.
True, true. After Crusade he was arrogant and cocky...but now i suspect he has got his feet down again on solid earth :err:

Once I read an interview with him and he said something like "I don't care what people think of us, Maiden and Metallica think we're good". Not his exact words but it was something along the lines. That made me laugh

I think it was in the December issue of Guitar World in 2007 aswell. The interview where he said that i mean.

Got my ticket for the 13th of Nov gig in Copenhagen !! Just damn it says Slipknot. Never would have bought a Slipknot ticket unless I was forced to ! lol

But if he still thinks they're the new Metallica I don't see where is he beeing humble.

He is going to scream on the next album again so i don't see how they can even compare themselves to metallica after that. I dunno if he thinks that still...probably. He IS an asshole :lol:

And it doesn't make it better Trivium is on the Iron Maiden Tribute CD.

I used to never could stand Slipknot until I recently heard Iowa and read that the drummer was big Deicide fan.He mentioned that he listened to Insinerhymns before laying down the drum tracks for Iowa. :OMG: Now, I believe that Slipknot could carry Glen Benton's jock strap. You got to respect the drummer taste of music:puke::loco: Children of Bodom should have been the headliner. Damn,its in Europe. My white trash ass gotta wait until come to the desert of Arizona. Machine Head I didn't even want pay 23 bucks to see them when they came to the Rialto. I would mean to see Slipknot once just the spectacle of a show.:saint:o_O

he was so sweet and humble even before that, now he's Mistah Rockstah

hey, I saw you in a church basement, don't forget that,Mr.Heafy

:err:

Looking forward to when the tour starts. Gonna be fun to see the CoB setlist from when u Swedish and Norwegian guys go a couple of days before me. Hope its not only 4 or 5 songs :worship:

Ist there any chanse to se COB live in sweden? Alone... i know that there are going to perform with slipknot in november @ hovet, Stockholm.

How about that?:erk: