European tour with Slipknot

Got my ticket for the 13th of Nov gig in Copenhagen !! Just damn it says Slipknot. Never would have bought a Slipknot ticket unless I was forced to ! lol

Honestly, some of the band members from slipknot are quite talented. I do though agree that some of their songs just aren't a type of music I'd want to blast. Jim Root in my opinion is a good guitarist, I like him a lot more than mick because I've seen him play for Stone Sour one too many times, plus just jamming on dvd's and video related shows. Joey Jordison is a pretty intense drummer in general, very good speed, accurate beats, on point. It's kinda hard to say he isn't good while watching him play some of his good old shit. His old drum set from the original first album had a distinctive clink noise on his bass pedal, I liked that a lot. :worship:

But, yeah, other than that, and Corey having a pretty brutal voice, no thanks slipknot. :kickass:

^October 07 - Water Street Music Hall, Rochester, NY (USA)?

I really fucking hope that they'll do a whole headlining tour in Europe. One or two gigs in one country? Honestly, that's ridiculous.
And I don't visit a concert to see my favourite band playing only six songs or something just because they're opening for Slipknot.
Of course, they might be a great live band, but actually I want to see COB.

COB+Slipknot...pfffff OMG I didnt thought that this tour would ever exist...still love bodom but omg WHY???

They always say they're the heaviest, hard-hitting band ever. It's just typical bullshit mask wearing hype. They're tons of bands that can own Slipknot's balls any day of the week. Pay no mind to a bunch of mask wearing 40-year-old freaks. Just laugh if off! :lol:

OMG HOW CAN YOUR SAY THAT?.THEY ARE MASKED PSYCHO-ULTRA-EVIL GUYS WITH SOME PRETTY EVIL STUFF.THEY ARE GOING TO KILL YOU :devil:

P.S:How the fuck can the people believe all the fucking hype they make about them? :lol:

Is anyone else thinking that they might not be coming to the uk for this tour...
I was really looking forward to seeing bodom again soon but i think it getting a bit close to the dates for them to not have announced any uk dates yet. I still go on the slipknot site everyday to check if any dates have been added lol.

Any news or rumours about any new dates, anything at all?

Yeah i was wondering about that, i heard him saying it in an interview that he wasn't looking forward to the uk but never knew why, what happened that made him hate the uk so much, the crowd seemed to really like him when they came to glasgow :)

WTF are talking about Hateman how can I not say that? I only speak the truth and you know it. :loco: I hardly think men married with children are pretty evil. I just wish bands would lay off their lame image and worry about the music they make. I dunno what everyone else thinks, but I just grow tired of bands being their own Cheerleading section. The whole evil ego image grows pretty boring after awhile and stroking their own egos is just flat out lame. :Smug: Bands should just be themselves. :headbang:

got an idea how long cob is goin to play? ause i want to buy a ticket for saarbrücken (de) but i really dont know how long they´ll play...

^ just bought Kerrang and was about to post that - great news! :kickass:

scan0002-2.jpg

scan0001-3.jpg

COB are letting themselves down touring with a band like Slipknot. All these amazing death/black metal bands i discovered in recent years made me saw sense that slipknot are a complete waste of space. COB created some of the finest albums ever, so for them to be associating with a trashy sell out nu metal band like slipknot I feel let down. What is the world coming to? This is like the start of a 'reroute to remain (In Flames)' period for COB to me, to hell with slipknot dragging all these great bands down with them. Seriously I would be disappointed attending any of those shows, and COB will only play for about half an hour. When the fuck will they do their own headlining uk tour???! Touring wise they are a bitch to see playing one great show here.

COB are letting themselves down touring with a band like Slipknot. All these amazing death/black metal bands i discovered in recent years made me saw sense that slipknot are a complete waste of space. COB created some of the finest albums ever, so for them to be associating with a trashy sell out nu metal band like slipknot I feel let down. What is the world coming to? This is like the start of a 'reroute to remain (In Flames)' period for COB to me, to hell with slipknot dragging all these great bands down with them. Seriously I would be disappointed attending any of those shows, and COB will only play for about half an hour. When the fuck will they do their own headlining uk tour???! Touring wise they are a bitch to see playing one great show here.

Cool dude! Nice to finally find some soulmates! I already burned all my COB shirts and CDs back in 2001 when the SHITTY GERMAN POWER METAL BAND Primal Fear let COB open up for them on their European tour, taking them to venues so big they could never even imagine playing. They should've just kept playing in the forests of Northern Finland, netting 3 Finnish markkas (approx. 0,50 eur) per person a gig, so most of the people on this board would've never heard of them, as they had never recorded Hate Crew Deathroll.

EDIT: I also don't really get why people have such a problem with bands they don't like. I really hate Slipknot's music but I don't feel the need to go crying out loud about it. I guess most people judge them for a big part for their fans, like most COB haters do. I still think they're pretty goddamn extreme for a multi platinum selling artist in the US, gotta give them at least some props from that.

I'd go there to see COB (obviously) and Machine Head. I think Machine Head are good and have recently got into them, although I have heard on the net they went through a slump during the middle of their career. It doesnt really bother me though if the slump only lasted 2 years. Slipknot however I definetly wouldnt wanna see because they are an over rated sellout band, and them touring with COB may unfortunatley cause them to become sellouts also.