European tour with Slipknot

Cool dude! Nice to finally find some soulmates! I already burned all my COB shirts and CDs back in 2001 when the SHITTY GERMAN POWER METAL BAND Primal Fear let COB open up for them on their European tour, taking them to venues so big they could never even imagine playing. They should've just kept playing in the forests of Northern Finland, netting 3 Finnish markkas (approx. 0,50 eur) per person a gig, so most of the people on this board would've never heard of them, as they had never recorded Hate Crew Deathroll.

EDIT: I also don't really get why people have such a problem with bands they don't like. I really hate Slipknot's music but I don't feel the need to go crying out loud about it. I guess most people judge them for a big part for their fans, like most COB haters do. I still think they're pretty goddamn extreme for a multi platinum selling artist in the US, gotta give them at least some props from that.

lol cheers for that man, well I wouldnt go as far as trashing all the COB merch that I have, I do love the band, I'd say they're one of those bands that are the best to walk the planet, the problem is they're now stooping to a new low, future bodom releases may not be the same, and all those pre teen fans who love slipknot will get involved with cob's work, urgh, makes me sick. Extreme/Scandinavian Metal should NOT be associated with nu metal at all...

COB are letting themselves down touring with a band like Slipknot. All these amazing death/black metal bands i discovered in recent years made me saw sense that slipknot are a complete waste of space. COB created some of the finest albums ever, so for them to be associating with a trashy sell out nu metal band like slipknot I feel let down. What is the world coming to? This is like the start of a 'reroute to remain (In Flames)' period for COB to me, to hell with slipknot dragging all these great bands down with them. Seriously I would be disappointed attending any of those shows, and COB will only play for about half an hour. When the fuck will they do their own headlining uk tour???! Touring wise they are a bitch to see playing one great show here.

Cool dude! Nice to finally find some soulmates! I already burned all my COB shirts and CDs back in 2001 when the SHITTY GERMAN POWER METAL BAND Primal Fear let COB open up for them on their European tour, taking them to venues so big they could never even imagine playing. They should've just kept playing in the forests of Northern Finland, netting 3 Finnish markkas (approx. 0,50 eur) per person a gig, so most of the people on this board would've never heard of them, as they had never recorded Hate Crew Deathroll.

EDIT: I also don't really get why people have such a problem with bands they don't like. I really hate Slipknot's music but I don't feel the need to go crying out loud about it. I guess most people judge them for a big part for their fans, like most COB haters do. I still think they're pretty goddamn extreme for a multi platinum selling artist in the US, gotta give them at least some props from that.

lol cheers for that man, well I wouldnt go as far as trashing all the COB merch that I have, I do love the band, I'd say they're one of those bands that are the best to walk the planet, the problem is they're now stooping to a new low, future bodom releases may not be the same, and all those pre teen fans who love slipknot will get involved with cob's work, urgh, makes me sick. Extreme/Scandinavian Metal should NOT be associated with nu metal at all...

He was saying that you are an idiot for thinking that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have no feelings about Slipknot, one way or the other. I've been a fan of Machine Head for years; I'll go to as many of the UK dates as I can, even if Bodom only get 30 minutes or whatever, to support the band I love - COB. They've put in the time over the last 10 years and if this tour is where they want to go next, that's fine by me.

I'm gonna wait and see how long Bodom's set is; I'll go to the Birmingham NIA date if it's long enough

Thats if they get to any of the gigs in one piece!!!!:lol:

Machine Head guitarist Phil Demmel collapsed on stage during the band's set in Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, Virginia last night (August 17).

Demmel had been complaining of feeling light headed throughout the show, and passed out during the second-to-last song due to severe dehydration.

"That was a scary moment for all of us," said MH drummer Dave McClain. "Seeing your friend collapse like that is something that nobody wants to experience."

However Demmel is expected to make a full recovery and will rejoin his bandmates for the final date of the Rockstar Mayhem tour on Tuesday, August 19 at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, New York.

"He's doing much better now," adds McClain. "and is taking it easy on the bus."

SLIPKNOT Drummer Breaks Ankle; European Festival Appearances Cancelled - Aug. 20, 2008

SLIPKNOT has released the following statement:

"It is with huge regret and disappointment that we have been forced to cancel our imminent European festival appearances at Leeds, Reading, 2 Days a Week, Area 4, as well as exclusive performances for MTV Europe and Virgin TV. The other night, Joey Jordison [drums] broke his ankle and doctors have advised Joey to stay off his leg for 4-6 weeks to prevent further injury or permanent and more serious damage.

"We know you will be hugely disappointed and so are we. Canceling shows is never an easy decision and we apologize to all our fans, friends and family for not being there to throw down with you. We will be back in Europe this November and can't wait to see you all then."

This UK dates are just a huge pile of bullshit. London Shows during the week, no single show on a saturday :mad: so looks like no chance for me to travel to one of these shows. i wanna see machine head in the uk again, last year in birmingham was awesome and i'm sure the bodom shows will also rock more in uk than here in fuckin switzerland where we have probably the most retarded crowds in the whole world

:lol::lol::lol: Made my day, but irony agreed, :lol:

You're hopelessly dumb dude.

I have no feelings about Slipknot, one way or the other. I've been a fan of Machine Head for years; I'll go to as many of the UK dates as I can, even if Bodom only get 30 minutes or whatever, to support the band I love - COB. They've put in the time over the last 10 years and if this tour is where they want to go next, that's fine by me.

That's a die hard fan? :kickass::lol: Actually I supose that the only reason why I'm not going is because they're not coming to Spain and I can't afford going to France/UK for the gig.

I just want to mention that Slipknot won't play the Hamburg gig. Does anybody know if this affects bodom's gig

Yes, you get an hour and a half of Bodom instead of 30 min and you don't get Machine Head too.

^ that's the COB headlining show - got my tickets today!

Seriously, where the fuck do you get the money to afford so many trips around the world folllowing COB and also coping with everyday stuff? :lol:

Germany

15.11.2008 Sa. Berlin / Arena Treptow
24.11.2008 Mo. Düsseldorf / Philipshalle
25.11.2008 Di. Offenbach / Stadthalle
26.11.2008 Mi. Stuttgart / Schleyerhalle
29.11.2008 Sa. München / Zenith

Austria:

28.11.2008 Fr. Vienna / Stadthalle

UK dates announced, tickets on sale tomorrow:

Mon 1st December, 2008 London Hammersmith Apollo
Tue 2nd december, 2008 London Hammersmith Apollo
Fri 5th December, 2008 Cardiff CIA
Sun 7th December, 2008 Birmingham NIA (National Indoor Arena)
Mon 8th December, 2008 Glasgow SECC
Tue 9th December, 2008 Manchester Arena
Thu 11th December, 2008 Newcastle Arena
Fri 12th December, 2008 Sheffield Arena

^
oh nooo :S
dammit i wont be able to get a ticket 'till monday...got no money right now. I hope theres still some left!! O_O