Even more mixing practice - The Devil Wears Prada "Kansas"

Daybreak

Jan 8, 2013
You know that "The Devil Wears Prada" album that is so notorious for it's bad production? Well, now you have the chance to do it better! I dug up one of those old projects again I did last year and did a remix on it and then rar:ed the multitracks so you guys could practice mixing on it. So, thus I present you with:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3KPvIN6V6Z7NUVMZFg1Mzk3TW8/view?usp=sharing

1x Ambient Clean Guitar L&R
1x Clean Guitar L&R
2x Lead Guitar L&R
1x Reference Mix
1x Rythm Guitar L&R
1x Bass (Zombass 3 Render)
1x Bass Midi
1x Drum Midi (Mapped after Steven Slate Drums 4)
1x Synths MIDI

And if you, like me, hate downloading mixing practices and having to actually do your own synths, I also exported the ones I used, thus also giving you:

1x Pad
1x Piano
3x Strings

Everything recorded at 44.1 KHz, 24 bit, with my Schecter Damien 7.

Here is my mix:

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great cover (as usual)
Thanks for uploading.
Just got to re-amp the guitars today while it was set up.
Will get to the mix during the week.
Here are Mesa MK4 re-amps if anyone want to use them or compare them to what they are using.
Radial X-Amp>MK4>Recto cab>57&421>API
Different lead channel settings for left and right to get <<<wide>>>
Left is fat off, mid gain in.
Right is fat on, mid gain out.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1EPqLUI5jInaHp0aWxKdkFkQUk/edit?usp=sharing

Cool I've already listened to this one and was very well done. Appreciate the reference guitars michrich posted. I have yet to try and tone match anything and would be nice to hear some raw tracks of amps (particularly Mark 4/5 so much appreciated mickrich).

First of all, thanks ALOT Daybreak for taking the time to give us these & being so kind! I´ll give this a shot today! ^gonna re-amp with 5150 on this i guess. If anyone likes the tone i get out of it, and you dont have real amps, i´ll upload em. Ofcourse, only if you like the tone.

Glad so many of you is enjoying this! I'm definitely planning more mixing practices in the future. :)

Hi, guys!
Thanks for sharing this!

Here is my version:

I've edited the parts a bit and added some minor SFX. :)

Used Kemper for the rhythm guitars, BTW.

Last edited by a moderator: