...Ever cried to Opeth?

Saphira

†Black Rose Immortal†
Nov 4, 2001
Australia
Once I was listening to Still Life by myself, and you guys all know the concept of it so I wont explain it like a broken record. Anyway, it was going through my head like a journey, with each song and the lyrics. Its weird and hard to explain, but im sure we've all been inlove before and it's just so sad coming towards the end of the album. In White Cluster when he was about to be hung I could picture him looking through the crowd and seeing Melinda, and for that one moment he was content again. Then he was hung.. and the soft acoustic bit at the end is their reunion. I shed a couple of tears..

Its sad, it's complicated, its beautiful. Its Opeth. :worship:

jejeje i thought that people who said they sometimes cry while listening to some sad song where just kidding... but now i know theres actually people who cries because of the music itself..
so i´ve never cried to opeth... though it has some very sad or depressing moments..

Oh wait! I almost cried at their concert. And at some points, I literally couldn't keep the smile off my face, like when they were playing Windowpane :)

FRUGiHOYi said:
Oh wait! I almost cried at their concert. And at some points, I literally couldn't keep the smile off my face, like when they were playing Windowpane :)

haha ur gay. :p

No, never cried. Still Life did hit me really hard at some points when I was first discovering it, but I'd already overcome the crux of my emotional troubles by then. I think the closest was at the gig, where I was almost crying tears of joy just to see the guys there in person... these guys who's music I'd been following a few years prior and whose visage just became so familiar to me that it seemed almost uncanny to see them before me in person.

First time I saw The Drapery Falls live - being my favorite song (since replaced by GoP) the emotion of seeing it live and played flawlessly brought chills down my spine and the welled up eye feeling

I was in a garden, full of thorns and black roses, under the moonlight, and the notes of an Opeth album saturated my ears as I fell to one knee; at this moment, I wept. I wept out of control. So many tears fell from my brow, I almost bled. The very beauty and tragedy of life was bestowed within my heart, through the music. Oh, what emotion!

lmao

Caesar Metallius said:
I was in a garden, full of thorns and black roses, under the moonlight, and the notes of an Opeth album saturated my ears as I fell to one knee; at this moment, I wept. I wept out of control. So many tears fell from my brow, I almost bled. The very beauty and tragedy of life was bestowed within my heart, through the music. Oh, what emotion!

lmao

You laugh, but sometimes people have experiences like that, that change them forever. It's a marriage of environment and frame of mind that music sometimes provides an extra emotional stimulant that truly blows wide open a persons emotions. Granted, i don't think a band like Opeth is capable of that, but I can think of a few artists who, if the moment were right, would decimate my soul into little tiny pieces. :)

Well, for me, Music's goal (in general) is to get feelings or stuff like that...i already cried on Opeth (Night and Silent Water, Bleak, Damnation and more recently Harlequin Forest and Isolation Years) and i'm not surprised other people did too...