Ever turn non-metal friends on to AA?

Well I converted a 4 years old child ( my little brother) to heavy metal three years ago and now he's fucking damn awsome, he knows most of AA tracks by heart and also loves other bands such as Symphony X and Dimmu Burgir.He's having his own ideas now n he only listens to what he really likes that's why he heven't yet become a Sayer fan.
Anyway he's a great kid, he goes with me to concerts n knows how to headbang :headbang: .I think he's gonna be a great metalhead when he grows up :p

^^that is so cute lol

i turned my teacher onto them :lol: i made a presentation for one of my classes about my music of my life and a cd and stuff
and i put Death in Fire and The Beheading of a King on it. hes into old 80's glam metal but when he gave the project back hes like "Amanda you should have played some of this for the class, although i dont know if the kids would have enjoyed Amon Amarth as much as i did. Oh and that band Death was pretty awesome too."

haha best class of my life; my face was like :OMG: haha

^^that is so cute lol

i turned my teacher onto them :lol: i made a presentation for one of my classes about my music of my life and a cd and stuff
and i put Death in Fire and The Beheading of a King on it. hes into old 80's glam metal but when he gave the project back hes like "Amanda you should have played some of this for the class, although i dont know if the kids would have enjoyed Amon Amarth as much as i did. Oh and that band Death was pretty awesome too."

haha best class of my life; my face was like :OMG: haha

Lucky u, if I've done such a project in my school i'd have obtained a zero cos they call it Satan's music :Smug: .People here are stuck living into the
early 8O's thinking that such music should be banned, they even tried to screw up a fest wich will occur the 10th of august but didn't win the battle.
Fucking metal dudes are stronger :headbang: .

I've tried but had little luck. Most of them are in their mid-30s to early-40s, never picked up a metal album, and are extremely old-fashioned and traditional in their choice of music. I guess they just can't handle the epicness that is Amon Amarth.

Multiple friends have actually messaged my husband and myself about the AA videos we have on our Myspaces. Most of them don't listen to metal.

This weekend we had some friends over and we played Wrath of the Norsemen for them all weekend. Good fun. :D

Best $20 I ever spent. Now I can watch AA whenever I want. <3

Yeah I actually showed my dad the Wrath of Norseman dvd and he wanted me to burn him some songs. Now everytime I see him he tries growling "But we know how to smoke them out, A pyre will be raised!" :kickass:

My brother and his friend only like "softer" metal, and I dragged them along to SOTU in NJ just because I wanted to see Amon Amarth.

Both love them now. Bad part is that they took my CD's and haven't returned them yet :mad:

I guess they won't be able to borrow my Wrath of the norsemen DVD anytime soon! :heh:

The wife, well, she's more into fergie and pink than anything else!

I don't have any friends that don't like metal. Really all the people I hang out with started liking what I was listening to around 5th grade and we started a band after that =P. I'd hate having friends that like stuff like rap. I HATE rap. Except maybe the Beastie Boys & Run DMC.

I like the Loki avatar. On the topic, most of my non-metal friends are old, and not likely to be converted, so I don't really try. My music scares them. ;)

My grandma likes Runes to my Memory lol... She still doeesn't like my Summoning stuff (black metal if you haven't heard them... I usually hate black metal but like them)

I like the Loki avatar. On the topic, most of my non-metal friends are old, and not likely to be converted, so I don't really try. My music scares them. ;)

Thx, but it isn't Loki - it's the thunder god ;) :cool:

Well, Amon Amarth is a nice band to convert non-metalheads but it's not easy to get guys who listen to hip-hop, dress like that and stuff on the right way :zombie: Punk-listening people are easyily catched by korpiklaani or other folkish and medieval matal - wich are my favourites, btw :worship:

Prost Jungmannen!

Aurvandils tá;6473219 said:
After I was converted into a Metalhead by a friend when we were just about 12 years old time after time I made nearly all of my friends listen to Metal. The only sad thing is that some of them are still listening to herdcore, metalcore and such smelling things :cry:

hahaha!

:headbang:

I brought my "wuss rock" friend to SOTU to see AA and he thought it was a pretty cool show... I'm not expecting him to go out and buy any albums but at least he went and thought it was fun...