Ever woken up to Aces High?

Dec 25, 2004
Well I did at midnight last night.... I staggered through the house thinking, "What the.....where the....WHO THE....?!" only to find that my 6.y.o son's alarm had gone off at full volume and he was still sound asleep, blissfully unaware. How could he do that when he was right beside it? He has a CD player/alarm clock and he's been listening to Powerslave a lot lately. He must have hit the wrong button yesterday. :) o_O

I have a Bruce Dickinson protegé to deal with already. There could be worse singers to model your vocals on. But he's getting a bit obssessive. It's causing arguments because there are certain times I won't allow him to "practice his singing" (like before the sun is up in the morning and just before bed at night :) )

hee hee hee......I love it really.

:lol: :lol:

Well, I don't know about the fashion sense but he's already told me in no uncertain terms that he wants long hair.

Am I being a bad mum? Most kids his age want to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but mine wants to watch Maiden's Rock in Rio DVD. He also loves the thread on the official Maiden forums that is devoted to photos of Bruce. He even likes Dance of Death, which I haven't been able to get into myself yet!

And what's worse, he's beside himself with frustration about the "baby songs" he has to learn at school and I've begged him not to tell his teachers that he doesn't like it because he prefers Iron Maiden!

:D

We get funny looks when relatives ask our two year old daughter to sing them a song.

"Dig through the ditches
and Burn through the witches"

hahah you guys are awesome!

Whenever I go to a concert (or wrestling or whatever) and I see people about my age with a little kid getting into it, it makes me a bit envious.

One of these days I'll have to have one.

[costanza]
Of course... you need a date first.
[/costanza]

Karl is six already? :eek: Where does the time go?

You're right to be proud of your little fellow, Moony. I was almost double his age before I worked up the courage even to listen to Maiden, let alone jump around the house singing along to them!

Although when I was a wee lad, I remember growling through that insipid Sing-A-Rainbow song in my best Gene Simmons voice, and being pretty ticked off that our kiddy singing books didn't include God of Thunder :lol:.

W

I got into Alice Cooper and Def Leppard when I was 4. If you let young kids listen to metal they will turn out like me, and no parent wants that.

Or they turn out like Bruce Dickinson and he's all right. :)

Wrathy, you crack me up. Did you try sticking out your tongue during Sing-a_Rainbow too? :p

TinMan666 said:
I was just telling someone the other day that my earliest memory is rocking out to Status Quo in my dad's truck when I was 4. Not exactly metal, but still pretty cool.

When I was 4, I was listening to either Scottish Highland dance music or Mario Lanza, care of my Dad. It was rather traumatic come to think of it. :Smug:

"Wrathy, you crack me up. Did you try sticking out your tongue during Sing-a-Rainbow too?"

But of course! I might even have drooled some blood like Gene too, but only because my nose was bleeding after defending KISS' honour in the playground. Man, those Flock of Seagulls fans were sore losers.

"I think he's actually the biggest party animal ever, and is always beaming on eccies."

Not quite :). What are eccies and how precisely does one beam on them?

W

Yep Blitzy, he's 6. I can't believe it myself.

Crossy, I love it that he likes Maiden.

Why don't you all now play Aces High and imagine being woken from a deep sleep by it. It's quite amusing. :)

Monny, you not a bad mother because of the way you son is, both my boys prefer metal to the bloody wiggles of whatever. Blaze who was three on Friday wanted to listen to Sepultura for the pass the parcel music at his party :headbang:

Fuck it's cool when kids listen to good music. Well done Moony!

I didn't listen to much at all when I was really young. Got a Pseudo Echo tape when I was about 7; that was cool at the time.