evergrey on the US tour...

Aug 3, 2003
Philly
From bravewords.com

EVERGREY Confirmed For ICED EARTH Tour [Hot Flashes - 04.02.20 15:26:12]

Sweden’s EVERGREY are confirmed as openers for the upcoming ICED EARTH, CHILDREN OF BODOM North American Tour.

Although Jon Schaffer's back injury may affect the confirmed dates, the current itinerary is as follows:

April

18 - Newport Music Hall – Columbus, OH

19 - Pop’s – Sauget, IL

20 - Metro – Chicago, IL

23 - The Eagle’s Club – Milwaukee, WI

24 - Harpo’s Concert Theatre – Detroit, MI

25 - The Odeon – Cleveland, OH

26 - The Guvernment – Toronto, ONT

28 - The Medley – Montreal, QC

29 - BB King’s – New York, NY

30 - Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA

May

1 - Palladium – Worcester, MA

2 - Jaxx – Springfield, VA

4 - Masquerade – Atlanta, GA

5 - House of Blues – Lake Buena Vista, FL

7 - House of Blues – New Orleans, LA

8 - Engine Room – Houston, TX

9 - The Back Room – Austin, TX

10 - Deep Ellum – Dallas, TX

12 - Ogden Theater – Denver, CO

14 - Commodore Ballroom – Vancouver, BC

15 - Graceland – Seattle, WA

17 - Avalon Ballroom – San Francisco, CA

19 - Cajun House – Scottsdale, AZ

21 - House of Blues – Los Angeles, CA

30 - Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA

well whoever is playing(I havn't heard enough of Evergrey to really judge them), I'll be at the Troc with a case of Heineken and a liter of vodka. Since I am sort of working at the show I'll hopefully be able to deliver said booze to the band without too much trouble; I hope I am picking the right booze to say "welcome back to Philadelphia guys, thanks for coming!" with. :D I am actually kicking myself for not waiting a couple days to go to Norway(thus missing them on the Dimmu tour), but I had to leave on a Thursday. But at any rate, this show will rule I am sure!

Damn, I already saw Evergrey live with Arch Enemy and it wasn't all that great. Good music, Nickelback vocals. I was hoping for a IE/Bodom show only. Oh well. I guess all tours like this always have to have at least 3 to 4 bands on the bill.

"Although Jon Schaffer's back injury may affect the confirmed dates, the current itinerary is as follows:"

This is such bullshit. Keep adding bands. Get our hopes up. and then CANCEL IT!
FUCK OFF!

I saw CoB at Club Laga on their last US tour in Pittsburgh with Nevermore, Dimmu Borgir, and Hypocrisy. That wasn't too bad, the only one I really liked was CoB, and Dimmu was alright. CoB stepping on stage and playing "Needled 24/7" right off the bat.. **eargasm** :worship: This time around, I'm liking the odds much better. I like IE and CoB both, but Evergrey I've only heard a little bit of. I just wish Barlow was back in IE. That would make this a much better tour for me. Anyways, April 25th, I'll be in Cleveland :headbang:

Hrm...
*picks up mighty club made of hard oak wood and swings at degenerate EVERGREY bashers causing massive crushing injuries. Laughing triumphantly scared pune metal nerds scamper in horror for shelter crying like litlle girly-men and thus JUSTICE is brought back to COB forum*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You think I am joking right? Right?

Truth is this set up is just pretty much kicks ass!

I think the last time they were in Philly was for a Hate Eternal show. I missed that one, so it will be a first time for me(seeing all three bands to tell you the truth); I can't remember the last time I went to a show where I have yet to see all bands involved. Suprises all around here :D

I'm going to blackout at this show haha. I still have yet to see IE live and I can't wait to see COB again. I just hope theu get a longer set time than they did on the Dimmu tour. I'm not getting my hopes up though, when it comes to US tours and Iced Earth...something always gets fucked up and they never make it here.

I was at that tour in SF.... COB got ripped off so bad, they should've gotten a longer set... AND THE FIRST DATES FOR SF ARE NOT CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!