Evergrey returns

Phanto

Alalalalalalalala.
Apr 8, 2005
Gothenburg, SWE
I was never a big fan, but this is one of the better songs of theirs I've heard.

It doesn't hurt that the video is shot in Gothenburg :headbang:

Nothing extraordinary or anything, but not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a good gift for 15th august,I always loved this band,and if this new album is all strong,melanchonic and melodic as this new song I think we've got one of the best record of the year ,glad to see the old guitar player's coming back,now I'm getting anxious to hearing the whole album

I'm a pretty big fan of theirs; however, MMA and Torm were a bit of a drop in quality for them. I thought Glorious Collision was pretty good but not as great as what I call their "golden age" (ISoT, Recreation Day, and Inner Circle).

I've had some good feelings on this new one for a while now being that it was stated it would be a concept album. Also, most of us knew from the buildup of the new two members that it would be Henrik and Jonas which is also a good thing when it comes to the quality of the new album.

I used to like Evergrey once, and then I discovered better bands. They always seemed more like an offshoot of a band like Disturbed than a band like Dark Tranquillity.

Dark and brooding, sure. But it all sounds so artificial, so emo to me. So "look at me!" in terms of passion. Too polished and too constructed.

I was lucky to see them live more than once,and after the gig Tom always meets fans for speaking ,photos,autographs,beer with them,last time I saw them was "Torn" tour ,I didn't enjoy that cd but the band live was very good.Now,expecially with Danhage's return I think it's time for a good comeback,even if I think they never split up,also with "Glorious collision"'s line-up
the record was very good,expecially "phantom letter".Let's see what happens now with "hymn for the broken" ,I hope it will be as good as "recreation day" (their best ) or "the inner circle",anyway I don't think they're too commercial,they've got a style of their own and they keep on going this way with little changes ,hoping to see them again in Italy but it will be hard for an underestimated band like them.

good work,not at "recreation day"'s level but still a must for their fans,as usual Tom's voice is great as the perfect guitar work and piano-keyboards inserts,they are and still remain the kings of melodic melanchonic metal

Actually, I listened to this album and I think it's one of their better ones for sure. They've gotten rid of the little samples of sad people talking, and the repetitive riffs. This one's actually got some variety and some interesting ideas on it.

Actually, I listened to this album and I think it's one of their better ones for sure. They've gotten rid of the little samples of sad people talking, and the repetitive riffs. This one's actually got some variety and some interesting ideas on it.

hey that doesn't sound too bad.

*turns on album*
*album starts with a 1:40 intro of sad people crying and talking*

:D

good,but not as "recreation day","in search of truth","the inner circle",anyway if you like them you won't be disappointed