EVERYONE's FAV POWER METAL BANDS

christcrusher

Goddess of All
Jan 3, 2002
Hollywood, CA USA
www.metaljudgment.com
OK...I know everyone has a soft spot out there for Power Metal, I know I do, and I want to hear everyone's favorite Power Metal Bands....here are mine:

From Finland, the one, the only SONATA ARCTICA...and also from Finland REQUIEM
AnD the ReSt...
FALCONER
HAMMERFALL
SECRET SPHERE
STRATOVARIUS
RHAPSODY
GAMMA RAY
ICED EARTH

Hell ya you guys keep it comin! I totally agree with what you said 8th Plauge!! It is few and far between, but when you find a band like Sonata it is like finding Gold!

cheers!

P.S. Bjorn, have you heard Sonata Arctica at all? If not, you are missing out yet again my friend!

Grave Digger, CoB, Blind Guardian, Stratovarious, Sonata Arctica, Helloween, Rhapsody, Evergrey, Nightwish, Running Wild, Demons and Wizards...etc.

I'm not a big power metal fan BUT I do have to say that I like Control Denied

And you can almost count Mayhem's Grand Declaration of War a power metal cd with the funny vocals he does.

Welcome to the board Immortal E. I heard they are releasing the unreleased Control Denied tracks soon. They are progressive I would say. Saying that about Mayhem is kinda like saying that about Emperor with his high vocals.

What I'm talking about that Mayhem did, was some "clean" vocals they did on Grand Declaration of War. I just really think his "circus announcer" vocals are really funny

Thanks for the warm welcome by the way! I'm not actually new to the forum my old name was sycronized depcapitations. cant wait to see you guys again at ground zero in spartanburg, sc....you will be coming back there again I hope? I saw you guys in march '03 with Amon Amarth, Behemoth, and Deicide.

Awesome Immortal Extinction!! Hopefully they will be on a tour very shortly!

The Dying: hahah yeah, are you Mr. Elite? hehehe, just kidding. I used to hate Power Metal back in the 90's, but I just fell so in love with it after listening to Sonata Arctica obsessively. Yes, it is cheesy, and yes it is sometimes hard to listen to, but there are some amazing Power bands out there that have incredible talent! The vocals are what I had to get used to...But, John (Vehemence) and I love all types of Metal so it is a matter of taste, ya know! :)