everytime I use a clicktrack, Melodyne won't output right!

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Melodyne works great otherwise.....but if I use a click, Melodyne gets all messed up timing wise. I have to permanently deleted my click points for it to work right. Its like the ouput is just a few milliseconds off at times, but not the entire time.

Why is that? btw, I'm using Reaper,.

People have reported (midi) timing issues with bouncing superior 2 tracks as well.. might be a reaper problem.. have you tried it in another daw?

I've never messed with midi at all.....

I'm just talking about having a metronome click....and recording everything. Then trying to Melodyne the vocals. But it is sometimes off a few milliseconds.

The problem will go away if I deleted my metronome tempo insert points... but I lose my metronome click, if I ever have to go back to it for some reason.

Well, are you doing the tempo changes in melodyne or the DAW? Because when I did tempo changes in melodyne I had problems but now that I think of it, when I brought a tempo track that already has all the tempo changes into melodyne, then all was nice. But as soon as I messed with the tempo in melodyne, weird things happened. Maybe that could help, maybe not. :p

just try this....

make a midi track in the session with the tempo changes. Export the midi track somewhere. Then go to melodyne and select Edit>define tempo>take tempo from midi file>select your saved midi file.

See if that works with your problem...

just try this....

make a midi track in the session with the tempo changes. Export the midi track somewhere. Then go to melodyne and select Edit>define tempo>take tempo from midi file>select your saved midi file.

See if that works with your problem...

i forgot to mention that if you transferred all the vocals over to melodyne prior to defining the tempo via midi track, then you'll most likely have to transfer them once again after you define the tempo.

no tempo changes...Everything was a constant tempo.

Now could it maybe be it is cause I didn't quantize anything? I wish Melodyne would just import the track, and not worry about the tempo.

try importing the consolidated audio itself as opposed to recording it via melodyne bridge