Exercise to Opeth: Getting fit with Mike and the guys!

I always thought the best workout music was brutal death metal, especially those that groove, ala Skinless, Dying Fetus, etc...

Good call. I've got a cheap shitty MP3 player that use only for running and at the gym, and the only metal I have on there is Dying Fetus and Abramelin. Obviously I like Opeth but it's never at all occurred to me to listen to them whilst exercising, I don't think it'd work for me. Most of what I have on at the gym is 80's/new-wave/etc.

I know it's gay as, but for those of you who listen to music while lifting weights, chuck these two songs on: DVDA - Now You're A Man; and Village People - Macho Man. Bonus points for some Kenny Loggins, too. Guaranteed you'll start laughing quietly to yourself and accidentally drop the bar on your throat. Good times.

I know it's gay as, but for those of you who listen to music while lifting weights, chuck these two songs on: DVDA - Now You're A Man; and Village People - Macho Man. Bonus points for some Kenny Loggins, too. Guaranteed you'll start laughing quietly to yourself and accidentally drop the bar on your throat. Good times.

Lol that's hilarious:lol: I don't see how dropping the bar on your throat could be a good time though:p

I've got Still Life, Damnnation, GR, MAYH and BWP albums in my Ipod and I like to listen to Opeth when I take walks. There is a paved path that cuts through the woods for miles that I walk on and Opeth is the perfect listening choice for the scenery and atmosphere...especially at this time of year. With Opeth blasting in the headphones, a three mile walk takes no time. Does anyone else like to listen to Opeth when their walking/working out etc, etc.?

I lost 100 lbs listening to opeth since about a year ago. Truly the best choice of workout music.

also, headbanging accounted for the calorie loss of half of those 100 lbs.

I lost 100 lbs listening to opeth since about a year ago. Truly the best choice of workout music.

also, headbanging accounted for the calorie loss of half of those 100 lbs.

Hell yeah! You should now do an Opeth commercial, like Jerod on the Subway commercials. I can see it now..."I lost 100 POUNDS listening to Opeth, now, you can too.":lol:

New DVD will be mastered into a workout video.

I tried running to some Opeth, but when I got to the Intro of Deliverance I was like: STEP STEP STEP (skip) STEP STEP STEP (skip)

Not exactly a very metal way to workout.

Hell yeah! You should now do an Opeth commercial, like Jerod on the Subway commercials. I can see it now..."I lost 100 POUNDS listening to Opeth, now, you can too.":lol:

hahaha I totally would, for free. Those guys mean a shitload to me, even though i've never met em :p

I'd try to do some running with music like Opeth on, but the only problem is I'm kinda fat so I'll probably end up stopping every 15 seconds to take a breath. :erk: Then I'd get the song all out of synch and I'd get pissed off and start complaining, which then I'll probably have a heart attack from too much stress and then end up at the hospital, although I don't think they could really carry me in an ambulance, so I guess they'd need to pull out the medichopper and then my dad would get furious because he'd have to pay all the hospital bills and fees for the helicopter and I'd probably end up being fine the next day anyway. :erk:

start slow.. I used to weight 315 pounds.. got pictures to prove it. I was a fat piece of shit.

Reactions: Tubbs
New DVD will be mastered into a workout video.

I tried running to some Opeth, but when I got to the Intro of Deliverance I was like: STEP STEP STEP (skip) STEP STEP STEP (skip)

Not exactly a very metal way to workout.

i dont try and step in sync with the beat of the song. i just listen and run. so any music for me is good.

and well done BD... you shouldve gone on biggest loser or something and drowned out those cockhead trainers with sweet sweet opeth.

i dont try and step in sync with the beat of the song. i just listen and run. so any music for me is good.

I can't help it. When I'm working we put on techno music. It really gets you pumped and we end up working faster. Only problem is I find myself actually working and walking in sync with the music.

I wuold like to listen Opeth in a house deep in the woods sitting on an armchair with an heart warming the room, looking the enchanted forest through a window with an iPod playing Black Rose Immortal "sunbirds leave their dark recess" passage while Jenna Haze is making me a blowjob and Aurora Snow licking my balls.

This is the highest peak of emotion i can imagine.

i've also an illustration of that in my school diary but ....:D

When I lift/run I like to listen to Still Life/Blackwater Park. They are hard enough to keep me energized but have enough beauty to keep me focused on the task, so my breathing and arm/leg movements are more natural.

However, I also listen to a lot of Lacuna Coil/In Flames/Nightwish (please don't yell at me, I like them) and a lot of Trance/Techno because they all pump me up when I'm benching/lifting.