EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

Tym_ex

Tymon
Dec 30, 2005
The Netherlands
www.exivious.net
EXIVIOUS announces debut album, to be released in May 2009.

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES, Exivious isn't an over the top math metal band and certainly isn't a loungy jazz combo either. But expect everything in between!

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs. There's an immense amount of information in there that will definitely take more than one spin in your CD player to comprehend!"

The band will release the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

An mp3 stream of the song “Waves Of Thought” is available on the Exivious website and myspace now!.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic, ex-Blue Man Group) - bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums

www.exivious.net
www.myspace.com/exivious

First off: My apologies for the shameless self promotion! I hope you guys will dig our stuff. If there's any questions, gear related, recording related or whatever, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Tymon

Hi Tymon!

First of all (Sorry, I have to get this out of my system!:lol:), Traced In Air was (And still is!) a complete masterpiece in every sense of the word. I have listened to it just about every day since it came out and, even in such a short period of time, it has already had a huge impact on me. Anyone who was involved in that record in anyway gets my immediate respect.

I really like what I hear so far in Exivious. Fusion Metal is my favorite genre of music and quality releases are few and far between these days. This sounds like it will be very interesting. Please keep us up to date on release dates etc etc. I will definitely buy a copy of this!

Also, I'm a regular poster on the Planet X message board and most of us are huge Cynic and fusion fans in general. I know for certain that this will be of interest to most of them. I would gladly start a thread about this over there if you want.

The track that's up is awesome! Really mature sound for a band with only two demos, but by the standing of the musicians involved we probably could have guessed that.
Looking forward to the album, will the cd be avaliable to preorder? I know I'd just decide to buy it as soon as the stocks run out otherwise :rofl:.

I really enjoyed the track and looking forward to the album when it comes out
I agree with Noble Savage Trace In The Air is awesome for me the album of last year

Hey guys, we just put a new song online on our site www.exivious.net and our MySpace. Curious to hear your reactions! In other news, here's our 2nd press release that will go out today:

---------------------------------------------

EXIVIOUS album release date & eBay auction

Fusionmetal band Exivious (featuring members of CYNIC and TEXTURES) will release their debut album May 11th through www.exivious.net

and MySpace. Their self titled album will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

Album number 1 to 10 will be sold through eBay auction starting May 1st and ending on May 10th. This first batch of albums will be bundled with 2 guitar

picks and a drum stick, all signed by the band.

A second song, Asurim, is available on the Exivious website and MySpace now! With Waves Of Thought being one of the catchy songs on the

album, the obscure fusion based Asurim will show another side of Exivious.

Exivious tracklisting:
1. Ripple Of A Tear
2. Time And Its Changes
3. Asurim
4. All That Surrounds pt1
5. Waves Of Thought
6. The Path
7. All That Surrounds pt2
8. Embrace The Unknown (feat. Paul Masvidal of Cynic)
9. An Elusive Need

You can place your pre-order right now!!

Pre-ordered here :)

About the new track: eeerrr just fu***** crazy and I can't wait for listen the full album! :headbang: