EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

Tym_ex

Tymon
Dec 30, 2005
The Netherlands
www.exivious.net
EXIVIOUS announces debut album, to be released in May 2009.

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES, Exivious isn't an over the top math metal band and certainly isn't a loungy jazz combo either. But expect everything in between!

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs. There's an immense amount of information in there that will definitely take more than one spin in your CD player to comprehend!"

The band will release the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

An mp3 stream of the song “Waves Of Thought” is available on the Exivious website and myspace now!.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic, ex-Blue Man Group) - bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums

www.exivious.net
www.myspace.com/exivious

First off: my apologies for the shameless self promotion! I hope it's OK posting this here. I thought it might be interesting for Opeth fans as Robin and I just toured with Opeth (with our other band Cynic).

Cheers,
Tymon

Thanks for posting. I like both Cynic and Textures AND the new song sounds great... Which means that I'm really looking forward to the release!

Also, I guess this is the way to go for those who thought that Traced in Air should have been completely instrumental (not me!).:lol:

Edit: But just how difficult will it be to get one of those 1000 copies, I wonder.

Sounds great man! I had no idea you were in the band until well after hearing it! That's really cool!

Sounds very interesting. I'm a massive Cynic fan - they're probably my favourite band along with Opeth - and they were both great live when I saw them in Shepherds Bush late last year. It was just disappointing how short Cynic's set was.

I'll definitely be buying the Exicious album, there aren't enough jazzy/metal bands around at the moment.

Thanks again guys!

The price will be somewhere around 15 or 16 euros. We'll start taking pre orders in March, but I'll keep you guys posted about that.

The artwork differs in that it slowly builds, adding something to each release. It starts out really calm and builds to a very busy climax thing. We'll explain the concept behind this later on our site.

Sounds really impressive :D hopefully there is a real chance to get a copy of it

- love "Waves of thought" since the first listen! f'n rocks :)