EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

this music is PERFECT....i really don't think you could have given me something more suited to my tastes. My favorite three genres- Jazz, metal and ambient, all together in perfect harmony :) I love all the enigmatic chord progressions and dreamy movements, and to top it all off, it's INSTRUMENTAL!!! please pinch me, i'm dreaming, right?

Do you guys plan on improvising during live performances, or is it pretty strictly adhered to , as far as solos and structures go?

You've got my money...that's all i'm gonna say about that.

I agree the album is pretty expensive with shipping and everything. So thanks a lot for ordering the album guys!! We only charge 16 euro for the album which is pretty cheap compared to the packaging we use.

That's some nice words there x OPETH x! Thanks a lot! Live we improvise almost everything, same for the recordings of the album. That's actually a big part of what we like to stand for with Exivious.

I love Cynic and this material sounds awesome, definitely something to get one's hands on.

That's some nice words there x OPETH x! Thanks a lot! Live we improvise almost everything, same for the recordings of the album. That's actually a big part of what we like to stand for with Exivious.

Great to know :) I'm a jazz musician myself (although i don't always play "jazz", i can't help but try something new every time i'm on the instrument...i'm sure you know how that is :) )

Forgive me if this sounds excessive of me, but i've listened to your track "Waves of Thought" probably 30+ times since discovering your band yesterday! That section from about 2:20 to 5:00 is absolutely BRILLIANT...
Since i was a kid, the only music that's been able to hold my attention consistently has that inexplicable quality, those enigmatic chord voicings and minor key tonality which you guys capture perfectly! Forgive me, as I've never delved into music theory much, and i'm not sure how to refer to this writing style. Definitely Holdsworth-esque, and that underlying dissonance is what really pulls me in. This is such a fresh blend of my favorite elements though, i really must congratulate you on creating a fine piece of music! How long was the writing process for this record, if you don't mind me asking?
-chris

I've pre-ordered my copy! I can't wait for it to arrive. You guys should tour in the US if you can. I'd love to see you all play so much improvised music. It'd be doubly cool because I want to study instrumental jazz improv in college.

Hey guys, we just put a new song online on our site www.exivious.net and our MySpace. Curious to hear your reactions! In other news, here's our 2nd press release that will go out today:

---------------------------------------------

EXIVIOUS album release date & eBay auction

Fusionmetal band Exivious (featuring members of CYNIC and TEXTURES) will release their debut album May 11th through www.exivious.net

and MySpace. Their self titled album will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

Album number 1 to 10 will be sold through eBay auction starting May 1st and ending on May 10th. This first batch of albums will be bundled with 2 guitar

picks and a drum stick, all signed by the band.

A second song, Asurim, is available on the Exivious website and MySpace now! With Waves Of Thought being one of the catchy songs on the

album, the obscure fusion based Asurim will show another side of Exivious.

Exivious tracklisting:
1. Ripple Of A Tear
2. Time And Its Changes
3. Asurim
4. All That Surrounds pt1
5. Waves Of Thought
6. The Path
7. All That Surrounds pt2
8. Embrace The Unknown (feat. Paul Masvidal of Cynic)
9. An Elusive Need

You can place your pre-order right now!!

God damnit :(

My bank won't give me a credit card as a student and also paypal seems to be impossible, it does not work with my bank institute. That fucking sucks major cock.

~e~

Tried to fix this PayPal shit, but doesn't work for me.

Sorry, but how to buy it then?

It's impossible :'(

~e~

Can't you just give me an address where I can send you the money in cash and my shipping address? -.-

Hey Burden, that sucks. In most European countries you can link your bank account to a PayPal account. That way you can pay with PayPal and it automatically gets transfered from your bank account. Maybe you can set it up like that?

The release date is coming near! All pre-ordered copies have been sent out, so they should reach you guys in a couple of days. Thanks again to everyone who pre-ordered our album!

art_stapel_b.jpg

For the chord progressions you mean? Yes, we have almost everything in tab and chord symbols. We're still thinking about something we want to do with that. Maybe make it a free download for people who bought our CD, together with mp3 versions of the songs without the solos.