EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

Thank you guys so much! Really cool to read all the positive stuff!

utarefson: We're a new band, no one knows us yet, so 1000 seemed like a good start. Besides, the packaging is also pretty special and we just want to do a 1000 of these. When it sells well we'll eventually put a normal digipack version out.

Metalhead28: Couldn't have hoped for a better response, thanks! As for the ordering, we don't accept pre orders yet, but we will asap.

slashvanyoung: Cynic comparisons, if you know the old Exivious demo stuff I think you'd know we're used to the comparison haha ;)

beyond dead: Cool experience, trippy :)

gear rundown

guitars: Steinberger GM-4S with EMG pickups (SA SA 85) and a Schecter C7 with EMG pickups (whatever the 7 string version of the 89 is called I think)

amp/cab: 99% Fractal Audio Axe-FX. The main distortion sound is this Bogner Ecstacy patch with 2 Bogner V30 impulses. A real rock n roll sound if you play it with a Les Paul or something, but somehow it works really well in context of our stuff.

There's also some fretless guitars, weird stomp boxes, ebow, VG-88 and whatever we came across.

bass: Carvin with active pickups through EBS Fafner preamp DI out.

drums: Stef's usual Tama kit but with a smaller setup then usual, only 2 toms. I can't remember exactly what mics I used, I can look it up on pics if needed. We used 3 pairs of room mics, used those a lot in the mix to get this open fusiony sound. Was quite a challenge to give them the punch they needed with all the room sound going. No triggers, no tricks, just pure drums.

I really love the drum sound. The kick sounds huge! I really dig the openness of the snare too. Very organic and sweet sounding...I can't wait for this!

Tymon: Were the clean swells the Axe-Fx??

-Joe

Very cool to hear, that's exactly what we were aiming for as far as the drum sound goes. I must say though that the room (Excess Studios in Rotterdam) and Stef's kit sounds very, very good all natural, making the mixing so much easier.

The clean swells are Axe-FX but layered with a synth pad sound.

Very cool to hear, that's exactly what we were aiming for as far as the drum sound goes. I must say though that the room (Excess Studios in Rotterdam) and Stef's kit sounds very, very good all natural, making the mixing so much easier.

The clean swells are Axe-FX but layered with a synth pad sound.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, that will always make the mixing process easier I'm guessing. :)

I really wish this was coming out sooner! :cry:

-Joe

This is fucking amazing.
Everything I look for in good tunes.
Strong elements of Jazz and Metal, and top fucking notch production.

Saw Cynic in November by the way Tymon, and I have to say, you guys were the tightest band I've ever seen.
Hats off to you for that aswell.

I *NEED* one of these 1,000...
Gahh!

great music, defintly my taste.
i will order as soon as its out!!!
it also reminds me a bit on "canvas solaris" which is also one of my fav. bands from that genre

cheers
exoslime

EXIVIOUS announces debut album, to be released in May 2009.

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES, Exivious isn't an over the top math metal band and certainly isn't a loungy jazz combo either. But expect everything in between!

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs. There's an immense amount of information in there that will definitely take more than one spin in your CD player to comprehend!"

The band will release the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

An mp3 stream of the song “Waves Of Thought” is available on the Exivious website and myspace now!.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic, ex-Blue Man Group) - bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums

www.exivious.net
www.myspace.com/exivious

First off: My apologies for the shameless self promotion! I hope you guys will dig our stuff! If there's any questions, gear related, recording related or whatever, feel free to ask.

I'm also interested in your opinions and thoughts about the production as I did that myself.

Cheers,
Tymon

I am really exited about this Tymon !

Doe de groeten aan mijn linkshandige vriend Michel :)!

(greetings to my lefty friend michel)

I will be pre-ordering this too, as soon as I can spare a few minutes :)

And I really love that people from awesome bands hang out at this awesome forum! It's the awesome forum for awesome people, and us who are awesome-wannabes (me!), haha :)

Great work on the music, this is quality music right here and deserves the cash!

Hey guys, we just released our 2nd song Asurim on our site www.exivious.net and our MySpace. Very curious to hear what you guys will think of it! Other then that, here's our 2nd press release that will go out today.

Cheers!
Tymon

--------------------------------------------------

EXIVIOUS album release date & eBay auction

Fusionmetal band Exivious (featuring members of CYNIC and TEXTURES) will release their debut album May 11th through www.exivious.net and MySpace. Their self titled album will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

Album number 1 to 10 will be sold through eBay auction starting May 1st and ending on May 10th. This first batch of albums will be bundled with 2 guitar picks and a drum stick, all signed by the band.

A second song, Asurim, is available on the Exivious website and MySpace now! With Waves Of Thought being one of the catchy songs on the album, the obscure fusion based Asurim will show another side of Exivious.

Exivious tracklisting:
1. Ripple Of A Tear
2. Time And Its Changes
3. Asurim
4. All That Surrounds pt1
5. Waves Of Thought
6. The Path
7. All That Surrounds pt2
8. Embrace The Unknown (feat. Paul Masvidal of Cynic)
9. An Elusive Need

You can place your pre-order right now!!

wow, great song dudes, some really crazy parts, but I really like that song.

The drum sound is really great, so organic, also guitars and bass sounds amazing, wanna try the axe!

Can't wait for the whole album, pre-ordered done at the first day it was able to.

Great job!!