EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

Tym_ex

Tymon
Dec 30, 2005
The Netherlands
www.exivious.net
EXIVIOUS announces debut album, to be released in May 2009.

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES, Exivious isn't an over the top math metal band and certainly isn't a loungy jazz combo either. But expect everything in between!

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs. There's an immense amount of information in there that will definitely take more than one spin in your CD player to comprehend!"

The band will release the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

An mp3 stream of the song “Waves Of Thought” is available on the Exivious website and myspace now!.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic, ex-Blue Man Group) - bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums

www.exivious.net
www.myspace.com/exivious

First off: My apologies for the shameless self promotion! I hope you guys will dig our stuff! If there's any questions, gear related, recording related or whatever, feel free to ask.

I'm also interested in your opinions and thoughts about the production as I did that myself.

Cheers,
Tymon

Very unique stuff. To-mera did some stuff but really just alternated jazz and metal, this has combined it. Production is flawless (really mean that - every element sounds great and everything sounds great together as well), sounds great. As for the music.. I'll have to get back to you on that. Its so different I don't know whether I like it or not!

Tymon,

I've been following your stuff since the old demo online, so it's great to hear things coming together! Unfortunately I cannot listen until I am home from work, but will check it out immediately then!

What kind of gear was used for the guitar tone?

thanks.

-Joe

Tymon, I've got to admit - I have been jonesing for new Exivious material almost as badly as I was for the new Cynic record! The is the best news!

This sample track is devestatingly beautiful. If I could have articulated specifically what I hoped your new album would be like - this would have been it. Bravo!

How do I get on the list for a numbered copy? :)

Oh my...I heard the sample on the official website.

Totally great! I really love it Tymon! Fantastic playing and production.

A full gear rundown would be amazing.

-Joe

This sounds almost like the missing link between Focus and Traced In Air (music and production wise), but with its own unique character. Love the production, very tasteful mix! Are the drums 100% real and will this be a solely instrumental record?

I'm a huge Cynic fan, like Textures, and dig this from the first note!

Looking forward to hearing it in its entirety!

... And you're better getting used to the Cynic comparisons! :lol:

Awesome! Love the song, and the fact that Robin is playing with you guys, I really enjoyed his playing when seeing Cynic live this year.

I'm pretty sure he used axe-fx for the guitars.

That was what I thought after about 2 seconds... sounds totally like it. And why not, it has been proven to work great for this style. ;)

music didnt immediately grab me by the ears, but i forgot i was listening to it, smoked a couple bowls, then realized about 2-3 mins later i was completely lost in the tune and had pretty much ignored my surroundings the whole time haha good stuff

Two of my favourite bands coming together..

Awesome.

Cynic's CD is STILL in my player..