Exordium

RADICAL CUT

Feb 16, 2003
Italy
Visit site
Hi guys i'm RADICAL CUT from ITALY:i love the norvegian scene and my favourite bands on this place are ARCTURUS,WINDS,SOLEFALD,THE BORKS,SPIRAL ARCHITECHT,LUNARIS,GREEN CARNATION,IN THE WOODS,VINTERSORG and many more!
I'm sorry for my not perfect english,but i do my best!I hope to have a nice talks with you and the members of BORKNAGAR divinity,so let's begin...

I think all your bands rock Radical Cut, especially Arcturus! I wish they would play some shows. But I don't think that will happen, nor do I think that they would come to the Untited States if they did. :(

Hi MAGNUS 7 and DANTVEN!Nice happy to know you...BORKNAGAR rules now and ever!
Arcturus are the love of my life! I follow the band from the year 1996,for me are one of the best band of all times...i hope the new cd is great and i have a great curiosity for vocal work of the singer of SPIRAL ARCHITECT!
Yes RHAPSODY and EPHEL DUATH are greats,but in italy there's many bands very good like NOVEMBRE,KLIMT 1918,LABYRINTH and DARK LUNACY maybe you know some of them...

I will definatley check those bands out. I think I've heard Novembre before, aren't they kind of doomy? I like the singer from Spiral Architect as well. I think that any vocalist who can follow all those changes the way he does is worthy of high praise. :worship:

Dantven said:
I just think their singer is great. and hey they have some good songs!! not all of it is good (ala borknagar) but some of it!
I just don't know about that. I gave Sacro Culto a second spin and I can't stomach it. Sounds like a bunch of 12 year olds covering songs by Ancient

NOVEMBRE are many different from album to album...i think the best is NOVEMBRINE WALTZ:in this album you can find everything:death,doom,black,dark,pop,prog and italian folk!
I don't like OPERA IX,but i think that the first albums are good.

I heard some Opera IX, "Beyond the Obsidian Gate" I think. I really liked the female vocals, but I did not care for the actual songwriting. That is, however, my opinion. I listen to a lot of music that many people find questionable so I try not to judge. I will check out "the Black Opera".

The Scourge said:
Italy is a great hotbed for music in my opinion. But if anyone can justify the existence of Opera IX and their recycled, unstructured, half-assed attempts at composition, I would be most impressed.
I can justify it.
Opera IX is one of the bands which were the pioneers of extreme metal in Italy. The reason of their "success" is the long tradition in underground italian black metal they have.
In my opinion, Opera IX have never been a brillant band.
But think about it: old italian band + extreme metal + female screaming singer.

That's the explanation.

Off topic: Ciao raga benvenuti nel forum, di dove siete? Io di Vicenza.

Hail.

ciao radical cut anche io sono italiano e anche io ascolto e seguo BORKNAGAR,ARCTURUS,SOLEFALD,VINTERSORG..etc
benvenuto!
Ciao GREENDEEP,sono contento di conoscere un fan italiano dei miei gruppi prediletti.Di dove sei?

Hail.
Ciao DARKSOMEPOET,io sono di IMOLA in provincia di BOLOGNA.

DarksomePoet said:
I can justify it.
Opera IX is one of the bands which were the pioneers of extreme metal in Italy. The reason of their "success" is the long tradition in underground italian black metal they have.
In my opinion, Opera IX have never been a brillant band.
But think about it: old italian band + extreme metal + female screaming singer.

That's the explanation.

Hail.
Indeed. Well, I can certainly respect them for their underground credibility and longevity, but in the end, it really comes down to the quality of music. As you say, their music is not brilliant, and that is enough for me. Regardless of of the band's "extreme" make-up with members, the end product is still shit. And speaking of shit, I would rather be spoonfed my own diarrhea than listen to another note of that band. Cheers. :)

The Scourge said:
Indeed. Well, I can certainly respect them for their underground credibility and longevity, but in the end, it really comes down to the quality of music. As you say, their music is not brilliant, and that is enough for me. Regardless of of the band's "extreme" make-up with members, the end product is still shit. And speaking of shit, I would rather be spoonfed my own diarrhea than listen to another note of that band. Cheers. :)
AhAh!
Ok, opinions.
But I can surely say that Italy is not only Opera IX, Rhapsody and Lacuna Coil.

There are a lot of good bands, better than these, which deserve to be supported: Aisling, Coram Lethe, Infernal Poetry, Edenshade, Natron... and, of course, Gaia's Vestige ^_____^... and many more!

Support good music, not commerce.