Expose Bootleggers Here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barking Pumpkin said:
So he messed up once, and apologized. I don't see how that makes him such a huge idiot as you are suggesting.
It was a half-assed apology... "uhh, I apologize to you, but I don't believe you." :Smug:

Curufin said:
Arch chill the fuckass out.
Okay, I'm done ranting. So how are you doing?

Bottom Line: NO VIDEO TAPING

There is nothing to debate.
There are no apologies of any kind needed (escpecially from Glen).
There are no explanations needed.
There is definately no ranting needed.
This is not a matter of opinion.
This is not a matter of what is allowed or isn't allowed elswhere.
This is not a matter of personal freedoms.
and There is no explanation of policy needed.

No taping shows.
No taping your friend in the venue.
No taping the band walking around the venue.
No taping your ice melting in your drink in the venue.
NO TAPING.
NO TAPING.
NO TAPING.

How f*cking hard is that to understand?

Arch said:
The irony of this thread is that Glenn is the one humiliated, not BlackwaterNymph. Kudos!
thumbsup0vg.gif

LOL. If somebody is being humiliated here, it ain't Glenn or BlackWaterNymph.

King Lek said:
No taping shows.
No taping your friend in the venue.
No taping the band walking around the venue.
No taping your ice melting in your drink in the venue.
NO TAPING.
NO TAPING.
NO TAPING.

How f*cking hard is that to understand?
I'm sure Glenn H. will be smart enough to print that on the tickets next year so there won't definitely be any confusions regarding this issue, huh?

You go Glenn.... :) Glenn throws a great fest and allows us to do more than any other metal fest around the US... It is hands down the best fest I have attended and Glenn should be complimented relentlessly.
This seems to be the case with most bands, they do not want to be videoed.
Even if bands can't afford to release one at first, they usually will eventually and they feel it takes away from them... My friend is in a band and I showed him some bootlegs that someone bought me for Christmas, he did not get upset then but now there are just so many floating around on Ebay (where mine came from), it is irritating...especially when they are about to put out their first DVD soon.

Harvester said:
The bands do not want to be recorded. Period. End of story.

It takes a lot of assurances from me that they will not be. When videos get out of any nature, then it is my reputation that suffers and the bands will not trust me again in the future.

In this business, reputation is EVERYTHING.

Glenn H.

JonnyD said:
you are just humiliating yourself ... the man said no taping. how hard is that to understand? :wave:
Glenn humiliated himself for not checking his sources, had no balls to ask or confront the "bootlegger" himself and jumped on the "LET'S BAN THEM FROM THIS FORUM" bandwagon as his vindictive way to get back at people. Yeah... "let's ban them first, explanations later!" It's his own damn fault for having a few bootlegs slip through.

MetalAges said:
Arch, my man, you really are starting to look like a whining rump here. Please, the issue is dead and resolved, let's move on :)
I'm on break now, recommend me a good a forum to have with. :tickled:

I probably would have posted it here too if I was Glenn. Her post certainly DIDN'T look like "oh I got a shot of them walking around the vendor area," it looked like she taped part of their show, a tiny part, but still part.

Alright, maybe I'm stupid... but if a Ticket says NO VIDEO TAPING why in the hell would you even bring your camera to the show?

Regardless of what you're taping, that's just disrespectful and not very intelligent on your part. Gee, why did I get thrown out of the show/my camera taken away/ why am I being accused?....

Would you take a gun into a bank and say that you weren't going to actually use it? Just keep it there for your own personal use?

Common sense people, common sense....

(This isn't just to one person it's to all those who did get caught)

-Metal

MetalRose said:
Alright, maybe I'm stupid... but if a Ticket says NO VIDEO TAPING why in the hell would you even bring your camera to the show?

Regardless of what you're taping, that's just disrespectful and not very intelligent on your part. Gee, why did I get thrown out of the show/my camera taken away/ why am I being accused?....

Would you take a gun into a bank and say that you weren't going to actually use it? Just keep it there for your own personal use?

Common sense people, common sense....

(This isn't just to one person it's to all those who did get caught)

-Metal

Apparently you did miss something here; people are video taping with their digital cameras (which are also used to take still pictures). So that is why they brought their cameras to the show. As for everything else in this thread, it is absolutely fucking ridiculous to have some assholes trying to justify bootlegging the show or trying to reason with people. Don't fuckin videotape assholes! End of story.

Arch said:
Besides, I don't even think he has even seen BlackwaterNymph's recording, it's just a mere post on some forum outside of UltimateMetal. It's like putting a person in an electric chair because the person claimed to be a murderer, but there was no proof.

Yeah. You're right. If you're stupid enough to confess to a murder you did not commit, then don't be surprised one day when you find yourself in the electric chair. If you say you broke a rule/law, why would anybody need any further evidence? Admission is pretty damn good evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.