Expose Bootleggers Here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barking Pumpkin said:
If you guys are buying bootlegs, you're ripping off yourself and the band.
Glenn assumes all bootleggers are sellers and buyers. Besides, I don't even think he has even seen BlackwaterNymph's recording, it's just a mere post on some forum outside of UltimateMetal. It's like putting a person in an electric chair because the person claimed to be a murderer, but there was no proof.

The comparison you're doing makes sense. But like freakchyld said, bottom line is Glenn says NO recording. It's Glenn's festival. It truly is, his own music festival. He owns it. He runs it. If he says no, then you better not even try. If you invited people to your house and said "No pissing on the floor" and caught people doing it, would you be happy?

If he says no, then don't do it. Don't ruin your weekend by getting caught nor everyone's PP VII by not having Digital cameras anymore.

I take offense to that reporter comment. I am reporter of sorts for a web-zine and I work my butt off and I dont get paid a dime. Jim LOTFP is totally right the promo albums are cool to get at first, but now I am just backed up like no other.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Jim LOTFP is totally right the promo albums are cool to get at first, but now I am just backed up like no other.

Speaking of that, lemme get back to the god damn late reviews... LOL

AngraRULES said:
Arch...

If you need to find out about more bands, try magazines, webzines, record label websites and stuff like that...

Sorry brother, but the excuse of using bootlegs to find out about bands just doesn't work on my book (Not that I'm making you give an excuse).

The issue here is that Glenn and the bands instituted a no-taping policy for the show. On the flip, there are plenty of bands out there that allow and/or outright encourage taping and have official policies on taping their shows. That being said, using taped live material to find out more about a band *does* work.... http://bt.etree.org and http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php are proof positive in that regard.

There are bands that encourage it, that's true. Have you noticed though, that usually the smaller bands do that?

Also... I think I'd rather listen to a sample on their official website to see if I like someone's music than watching a live bootleg... The quality factor is important, at least to me.

AngraRULES said:
There are bands that encourage it, that's true. Have you noticed though, that usually the smaller bands do that?

Also... I think I'd rather listen to a sample on their official website to see if I like someone's music than watching a live bootleg... The quality factor is important, at least to me.

Ok, first thing's first... I'm speaking more about audio than I am about video when referring to taped live shows. 99 out of 100 times I'm not going to care much, if at all, about a bootlegged video. (And no, the 1 is not a PPUSA thing...although I do like how some of the Threshold's performance eventually turned up on their Critical Energy DVD... Any chance of this happening with other artists and their DVD releases down the road, Glenn? )

As for the bands that encourage it... it's not always the smaller bands that do. That may be true in 'metal' circles, but as for other genres, there are some pretty well-known artists that have official taping policies and/or have no issue with the taping and trading (heavy emphasis on the word trading) of their shows.

Would you mind posting this for me on the PPUSA forum? This is shit.

It would have been nice to have actually been asked what was going on before banning me. As I have no way of "defending" myself now, David was nice enough to post MY side of this fiasco. Taking something I said on another forum as evidence that I bootlegged the show is insane. Yeah, I took video. If you count a 17 second clip, recorded on my digital camera of the OL guys in the MERCH AREA as bootlegging.

I met and know a few regulars on this forum, SwordLord actually brought the fact that my name is being thrown around here, to my attention. He, and others know me well enough to know I'm honest and in no way STUPID enough to spend my vacation time, and go broke to see my favorite band, to risk getting thrown out for something like this. I know the rules, I respected them. I ask for the same respect in return.

Samantha/BlackwaterNymph

To Black Water Nymph,

Deron emailed me with your explanation. I asked him to ask what the "shhh" and the "no I don't" comments were in your original post when no one was looking and you acted like you didn't want me to know. Explain that and I'll clear your name.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
To Black Water Nymph,

Deron emailed me with your explanation. I asked him to ask what the "shhh" and the "no I don't" comments were in your original post when no one was looking and you acted like you didn't want me to know. Explain that and I'll clear your name.

Glenn H.
How about doing YOUR OWN research before banning people on a whim, Joseph McCarthy, I mean, Glenn H.?

EDIT: And yes, there's a feature called "Private Message" on this forum. Be man enough to contact BlackwaterNymph with it and not some middle-man.

Arch said:
How about doing YOUR OWN research before banning people on a whim, Joseph McCarthy, I mean, Glenn H.?

EDIT: And yes, there's a feature called "Private Message" on this forum. Be man enough to contact BlackwaterNymph with it and not some middle-man.

Quoted for self-righteousness.

Random Beard said:
I think I work fine as a middle man, hush.
*frisk*

Okay, you're in.

Surprisingly I didn't see any bootleggings occur at all.. just digital shots from cameras.. I was up front in the middle about the whole time. Im sure they won't be that nerotic to show other people on these forums, if they are.. wow, what grade did you stop at.. Anyways.. yeah, fucking lame.. now cameras are pretty much done now.

It played out as funny in my head. Imagine people asking me for the video, thinking I had snuck a super secret bootleg of Orphaned Land's show, only to receive a blurry vid off of a digital camera of Kobi, Uri, and Avi wandering about the vendor's area highlighted by my smartass commentary. I know it's a bit creepy of me to take video of that, but I knew that's all I was going to get of them.

I understand the no bootlegging rules, which is why I didn't do it, in addition to me having the utmost respect for Orphaned Land. I feel like I'm being attacked here without having the chance to explain myself. But now you have the whole story.

Arch,

On the ticket is said "No video." I thought about putting "No video unless you are not going to sell it and share with your friends because this is rock and roll and rules are meant to be broken" but it wouldn't fit.

If anyone else in the thread would have called me Joe, I may have paid attention.

Glenn H.

Status
Not open for further replies.