EzDrummer post-rock

Ah, Toontrack is getting mischievous. Only giving you limited MIDI with the EZX and then making a MIDI pack sold separately under the same name, if you want more MIDI. Charlatans!

Anyway, I agree with some of you guys. This is pretty underwhelming. Definitely a pass for me. Bring on "Metal Month"!!!

Ah, Toontrack is getting mischievous. Only giving you limited MIDI with the EZX and then making a MIDI pack sold separately under the same name, if you want more MIDI. Charlatans!

Do you have a link where it states that? They've always had the MIDI packs sold separately for people that just want those but the full pack comes with the expansions.

Well then. Considering I have my own E-Kit I don't mess with MIDI grooves too often, but still. That's pretty damn low.

:fu: Toontrack.

Yeah, pretty low. And also, if you take a look at what MIDI does come with the EZX, it's basically 3 set of grooves. That's it!

2qwhjjp.jpg

Anyway, I agree with some of you guys. This is pretty underwhelming. Definitely a pass for me. Bring on "Metal Month"!!!

That sucks. My fellow countrymen getting greedy.
If it included the MIDI I'd probably buy it (even though I didn't instantly love the sound) since the MIDI is almost as expensive as the whole pack sometimes. But not now.

crazy sense of entitlement here. cant imagine what the costs are to make a product like this. No ones forcing you to buy it if you don't think its value for money....

I don't think it's entitlement to expect Toontrack's products to live up to the standards set by their other products. Not to mention that MIDI is some of the easiest shit to include in an expansion- they don't even need a studio, just an e-kit.

crazy sense of entitlement here. cant imagine what the costs are to make a product like this. No ones forcing you to buy it if you don't think its value for money....

What Bearnaise sauce are you eating?

I never said I'm being forced to buy it..
I've got: EZDrummer, EZDrummer 2, DKFH, Made of Metal, Metal Machine, Metalheads, and included the Pop/Rock.

They all came with the included MIDI.. Seperating the two is a bad move to me.. And at least one customer, AKA ME, is saying that I think it sucks..

It sucks!

is it just me or do the snares sound really choked for some reason? like someone hit the snare then put their hand on it to stop the decay.

Sure. A company releases 24 products a certain way, and then changes the way they do things with the 25th. I think people would be a little disappointed with the company.

As for cost to make it, I don't think that has changed all that much since the last one. If the studio space was a lot more expensive, they would have just gone somewhere else. This is shooting themselves in the foot. More people will just wait for it to go on sale out of general principle, and many won't buy the separate MIDI.

In an ideal world things would only ever get cheaper and yet increase in quality. If they make it perfectly clear what's included and what isn't then I don't see a problem, no one's getting cheated.

If the price change has suddenly made a product you want financially unattainable, you can always wait for it to inevitably go on sale and grab it then. Maybe the studio costs are comparable to other EZX's (who knows?) but maybe they're employing more people/have invested more in SD3/lost money on previous projects/have a different licensing agreement/have to pay different amounts of tax.

I can imagine most people they're aiming this product at probably own a fair amount of drum sample libraries by now, it's a pretty crowded market. I imagine they assume they'll be shifting smaller numbers than a library they released when there was less to pick from and the price is trying to take that into account.

No one likes things getting more expensive but it's life.